• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Roberts Comics New CGC Listings

29 posts in this topic

Just listed a bunch of about 40 new CGC graded books in my ebay store, including a large group of Iron Mans, Marvel Team-Ups, and some misc stuff like Kazars, Man Things, Marvel Premiere and Spotlights....check them out at www.dalerobertscomics.com

a few samples....

mtu12cgc96.jpg

ironman131cgc94.jpg

marvelspotlight17cgc96.jpg

Just listed several more CGC graded bronze age books(about 25), including a very nice group of 9.4/9.6 Moon Knights. Click the link to check them out....

www.dalerobertscomics.com

If you see anything you like, you can PM me and I can help you out a little on the price.

a few samples....

moonknight27cgc94.jpg

moonknight15cgc94.jpg

moonknight6cgc96.jpg

mtu92cgc96.jpg

millie135cgc96.jpg

Not really, but I will discount just about anything I have available.

Joey, this is not directed toward you, as I know you are a serious buyer and collector, but this is just my take on this. Bulk discounts have never really made any sense to me from a retail standpoint. Here is my rationale on that, say I sell a 1000.00 book and make $500.00 off of it, or I offered 5000.00 worth of books( that I paid 2500.00) for 3000.00, aren't I better off keeping my inventory and only selling the 1000.00 book, and still making the same 500.00?

Why don't you do this? Send me a PM with the stuff you are interested, and I will give you my best price, which will be at least 10% off, which is what I lose to ebay/paypal, and I will do better whenever possible. Thanks

Here is my rationale on that, say I sell a 1000.00 book and make $500.00 off of it, or I offered 5000.00 worth of books( that I paid 2500.00) for 3000.00, aren't I better off keeping my inventory and only selling the 1000.00 book, and still making the same 500.00?

By offering bulk discounts both parties are making/saving money and also in most cases establishing a return customer.

I rarely buy single books at guide prices and if I do I would probably not make that seller a favorite if I can find similar product cheaper.

Yes you would diminish your product faster but in return you also make a profit faster and when you're dealing with thousands and thousands of books it' costs money to store.

Just my 2c

:)

I guess it depends on certain situations and of course resources.

Here is my rationale on that, say I sell a 1000.00 book and make $500.00 off of it, or I offered 5000.00 worth of books( that I paid 2500.00) for 3000.00, aren't I better off keeping my inventory and only selling the 1000.00 book, and still making the same 500.00?

By offering bulk discounts both parties are making/saving money and also in most cases establishing a return customer.

I rarely buy single books at guide prices and if I do I would probably not make that seller a favorite if I can find similar product cheaper.

Yes you would diminish your product faster but in return you also make a profit faster and when you're dealing with thousands and thousands of books it' costs money to store.

Just my 2c

Well, as I stated, I offer a discount on just about every item. I just don't do a bigger discount the more you buy. I offer the same discount for one book as I do for 10 books. Ask Bob Storms, he has bought thousands of books from me, and all at the same discount. Occasionally, if it is a book I don't have as much in, I might do a little more on it. You can ask anyone who has dealt with me, I am fairly easy to work with.

We are probably not talking about the same type of product anyway. If you can tell me the name of a dealer who is bulk discounting CGC 9.4 Silver and Bronze, then I will go buy him out, and about 20 other dealers would be right behind me.

In defense of Dale, I did PM him last night and he gave me a price that was very reasonable on 5 of his slabbed books. I am the first guy who loves getting a great deal, but lets face it they do not show up every day. I got a solid, reasonable reply from Dale and I really could not ask for more.

I too just bought a bunch of nice books from Dale yesterday off of his ebay store. Took 2 at his ask price, because I didn't want anyone else to snag them and made an offer on the third which was accepted. All 3 were at fair prices as far as I'm concerned assuming grades are good.

I'm not bashing ya Dale. I hear ya buddy. (thumbs u

I'm just saying if someone buys 10 slabs from you at a discount price you wouldn't knock off a few bucks on 2 or 3 additional slabs?

I fully understand what you meant with your example and yes it does make sense.

No prob. If you find something you need, just let me know and I will do what I can.

By the way, I just listed about 25 more CGC 9.4s and 9.6s in my store, including a few which are top census....

www.dalerobertscomics.com

here are a few of them......

SUBMARINER66CGC96.jpg

SUBMARINER45CGC96.jpg

spectacularspiderman3CGC96.jpg

shazam8CGC94.jpg

Just my 2c

:screwy: Sorry but this just doesn't make since. End the end someone is always going to loose money if significant discounts are given on bulk sales. The Truth.