• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Roberts Comics New CGC Listings

29 posts in this topic

:whatev:

Discounts always work.

Buy 2 get 1 free.

Buy 10 get 1 free

Buy 10 - 10% off

But 20 - 25% off.

I'm not talking to the point where someone is losing money because thats just plain ridiculous. But to establish a loyal clientèle many people will forgo a buck or two.

:)

:whatev:

Discounts always work.

Buy 2 get 1 free.

Buy 10 get 1 free

Buy 10 - 10% off

But 20 - 25% off.

I'm not talking to the point where someone is losing money because thats just plain ridiculous. But to establish a loyal clientèle many people will forgo a buck or two .

:)

"A buck or two"? More than that...

Suppose you purchase 10 Pre-Code books at face value; the prices of which are listed below:

Book #1 $200

Book #2 $200

Book #3 $200

Book #4 $200

Book #5 $200

Book #6 $200

Book #7 $200

Book #8 $200

Book #9 $200

Book #10 $200

Total: $2000.00

Now lets say the seller gave you a "25% discount" for "buying in bulk"...

Total w/ 25% discount: $1500.00

THAT'S $500.00 the seller has given up because YOU bought in bulk. Again this just doesn't make logical since, especially if the books have already been discounted or sold below or well below the BIN.

CC

CC I'm not saying to sell for less than what you bought it for. I mentioned that in my previous response.

Sorry I didn't see that :sorry:

I have bought multiple EC's from DR in the past and he is great about "hooking you up" with a deal. Lots of great stuff in his eBay store, not to mention if you haven't seen his booth(s) at Comic Cons it is something to see. Personally I hate conventions but last year I went to the one in Charlotte for hour or so to check out his booth. It was spectacular, and reminded me of a shrine.

CC

CC I'm not saying to sell for less than what you bought it for. I mentioned that in my previous response.

Sorry I didn't see that :sorry:

I have bought multiple EC's from DR in the past and he is great about "hooking you up" with a deal. Lots of great stuff in his eBay store, not to mention if you haven't seen his booth(s) at Comic Cons it is something to see. Personally I hate conventions but last year I went to the one in Charlotte for hour or so to check out his booth. It was spectacular, and reminded me of a shrine.

CC

Yeah his booth at WW Texas was pretty nice :applause:

Dale looks to have some awesome stuff. Wish you were closer in Ky.

On the selling side, there are always two schools of thought. If the market is fairly good and you can sell something for what the market will bear....say $2000, but it may take a while, then you can sit there and wait for the 2000 and make bigger money on one item.

The other school is, "I bought this for 1000, I can flip it tomorrow for $1500 and buy something else with that 1500 and flip it quick and so on and so on" This continually rolls your money and makes it smaller amounts at once but in the long run, you may make more than on one big item. This works if there are alot of things available to do this with.

The large availability criteria doesn't seem to be the case with HG GA and SA and even bronze books.