• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your photo cover westerns here.

14 posts in this topic

I searched and didn't find a thread devoted to these. It's a toss up as to which forum is better but my feeling was that most western photo-c were in the SA. I wouldn't slight anyone for posting a GA photo cover either. There must be some western collectors out there right? I'll start with mine:

Church/Mile High copy

1154445665_36e7d1a3c2.jpg

Crippen copy

montehale60cripped85fc.jpg

Transplant (i.e. no pedigree copy)

WildBill8.jpg

here are a few early ones from the Four Color series. Westerns were one of the main genres for that series. There were quite a few earlier westerns, but they were painted covers, not photo covers. many/most of these have been posted in the Four Color thread in the Gold section.

fc610.jpg

fc631.jpg

fc645.jpg

After seeing the preview, I think that the Fess Parker is actually a photo cover, but it sure looks like him.

After seeing the preview, I think that the Fess Parker is actually a photo cover, but it sure looks like him.
Definitely painted background and looks like a photo for the portrait. Thanks for the books. I figured there was a thread for every other type of collecting, why not this?

Hey Transplant.

Glad to see another Western fan out there.

I have a lot photo cover issues which I would happily sell.

These include

Gene Autry; Restless Gun; Rifleman; The War Wagon; Wagon Train (w/ both Ward Bond & John McIntyre covers); Rocky Lane Western; Wild Bill Elliott; Zorro; and The Texan. The list goes on.

I'll put together a detailed list and let you check it out.

Besides My SVSU email you may PM me or email me at nashcomics@hotmail.com

Cordially,

Cortez

New this week. Unfortunately, I think I may have to send both of the most recent Roy Rogers Comics back as they were pretty heavily overgraded. You can give me your thoughts on the RRC 2 in the PGM section. Thanks.

RoyRogers2fc.jpg

FC-WyattEarpfc70.jpg