• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't wanna cause trouble, but I couldn't hold it in any longer!

59 posts in this topic

Just signed up for this forum, it looks great! I decided to go check this person out to get the story from him. He did have all the books listed and ALL of them look much better in picture then in real life. The Fantasy 15's were restored and trimmed, THe Hulk 1, Spidey 1 and TOS 39 were restored (color touch, tear seals, possible replaced pieces). And so on, young kid 25 years old claimed to not know who EYAL_78 was (funny though that would be his birth year if my math skills haven't failed me yet) and supposedly all of these books were left in a home that was going up for liquidation and the owner told him to take what he wanted before then. I suggested going the CGC route and pulling the books off of ebay before he gets himself a bad name. Not sure what happened after that since it was later that day the books indeed get pulled.

Thanks for reading my 1st reply/post!

Yepper saw them and he brought a small comicbox with other books in it. His name is Benjamin Eyal. Nice kid either a good salesperson or just didn't have a clue. He was going to show them to another person after me in the afternoon. Maybe he bought all of them later. He did say there were other boxes of books he had though.

893whatthe.gif

Most recent feedback for eyal:

"Complaint : Supposed NM high $$ book - sent for grading - came back as Color Touched + tears"

No wonder he switched from selling his restored books using the eyal address to cuteypie!! Here's cuteypie's contact info:

Contact Information for cuteypie82:

User ID: cuteypie82

Name: A B Eyal

Company:

City: Baltimore

State: MD

Phone: (XXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Registered Since: Monday, Mar 10, 2003 13:50:57 PST

893whatthe.gif

Most recent feedback for eyal:

"Complaint : Supposed NM high $$ book - sent for grading - came back as Color Touched + tears"

No wonder he switched from selling his restored books using the eyal address to cuteypie!! Here's cuteypie's contact info:

Contact Information for cuteypie82:

User ID: cuteypie82

Name: A B Eyal

Company:

City: Baltimore

State: MD

Phone: (XXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Registered Since: Monday, Mar 10, 2003 13:50:57 PST

27_laughing.gif

from the item description for this AUCTION blush.gif

On consignment, I am selling a beautiful key Silver Age copy of the Amazing Spider-Man #4. This issue features the Origin and First Appearance of the Sandman!! This is a key book in every serious comic book collectors collection! I grade this book as a NM with Off-White Pages, truly beautiful. I will honor refunds but not after the third day of the books arrival. Good luck and happy bidding!

He's back! Anyone else surprised he's trying the same scam using the same ebay address that was identified a little over a month ago as a scammer (and former board member)? I guess not all criminals are masterminds, now are they!?!? 893frustrated.gif

Okay, I followed so many links to other post that now I'm all confused. 893frustrated.gif Flying Donut claimed cuteypie82 was legit in another thread. But it appears that we're implying that cuteypie82 buys comics and takes them out of the cgc casing and then tries to resale them. confused.gif Is this the same auction block for this http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=cuteypie82&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Talk to me slowly and maybe I'll get it this time insane.gif