• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,212 posts in this topic

Cool - & Jimgrim boasts DJ by comic artist Gus Ricca...

img419.jpg

Very nice never seen that loved Gus Ricca work and loved your stories from Gary Carter's Comicbook Marketplace thanks for posting!

I'm working on an article on colonialism in the pulps and reading a lot of Talbot Mundy at the moment -- King of the Khyber Rifles, the Jimgrim stories, etc.

So ... a couple of years ago I tried one of the Jimgrims but couldn't get into it. In your assessment, is it time I tried it again?

Well, I've just started the Jimgrims (with JG and Allah's Peace) so I'm not sure if I really have an opinion on them yet. I've always enjoyed King of the Khyber Rifles though. If you haven't read that I would recommend it. It takes place in the same shared universe as the Jimgrim and other Yasmini stories.

I'm also planning on reading some of L. Patrick Greene's stories of "The Major."

Boy is this thread dead just one pickup Weird Tales March 49 bad picture sorry!

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/100_4586_zps206aa86b.jpg' alt='100_4586_zps206aa86b.jpg'>

Edited by comicjack

Just picked this up -- my first in 30 years of business! Burroughs' first book-- 1st edition (scarce 3rd state-- only 2500 copies printed Dec. 1914 or Jan. 1915)

Now I just need $30k or $40k to pick me up a dust-jacket :/

TarzanoftheApesMcClurg.jpg

Edited by Bookery

WoW! That's awesome! Congrats!

Fans of these pulps may be interested in this:

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/popculture/all/42813/facts.true_crime_detective_magazines.htm?utm_source=tas&utm_medium=nl&utm_campaign=detective_magazines

True Crime Detective Magazines

Eric Godtland, Dian Hanson

Softcover, 9.1 x 10.6 in., 336 pages

New edition, only $ 19.99

Original edition $ 39.99

Looks pretty awesome. I may snag a copy!

Just picked this up -- my first in 30 years of business! Burroughs' first book-- 1st edition (scarce 3rd state-- only 2500 copies printed Dec. 1914 or Jan. 1915)

Now I just need $30k or $40k to pick me up a dust-jacket :/

TarzanoftheApesMcClurg.jpg

Awesome congrats !

The first 9 issues of Fantastic Adventures were bed-sheet sized and had great front and back covers. Here's 7 of them. :)

Fantastic Adventures

Vol 1 No 1, May 1939

Fantastic%2520Adventures%2520V1%2520No%25201%2520May%25201939.jpg

Fantastic%2520Adventures%2520V1%2520No%25201%2520May%25201939%2520bc.jpg

That back cover looks familiar...

1633946-903471.jpg