• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,261 posts in this topic

I just picked up this 1934 Doc Savage - The Squeaking Goblin) from the Strasser collection (top documented pedegree in pulps).

In the first year where the Strassers were really sharp (1934), he wrote his name in fountain pen nin the first letter of the title + the numbered code.

From 1935 -late 1939, there id just a number code in the title letter on the FC, + there are multi-colored check marks in the table of contents.

DocGoblinStrasserFC.jpg

My other 1934 Doc Strasser (with the name written - which I have posted before)

MeteorMenaceStrasser11-4.jpg

I also just picked up this sharp white-paged 1933 Shadow (Murder Trail).

MurderTrail1-2.jpg

Here is a Operator 5 FILE COPY and a Spider FILE COPY.

O5scan1-3.jpg

5361-2.jpg

...and my favorite Spicy (which I have posted before)!

SpicyMysterySM1935-3.jpg

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

This ia the last of my high grade Amazing Stories bedsheets. This is my favorite cover!

amazingstorieslionvsrobot-2.jpg

Incredible. Is this from the date-stamp collection, Dwight?

I do see a date stamp above "Hugo Gernsback" in the upper right hand corner. :gossip:

Ciorac and I went to the Philly Comic Con on Sunday, and while he was busy trying to sell books, I was actually trying to buy books like real collectors do. lol Fortunately, I found a sweet batch of sci-fi bedsheets! :grin:

IMG_7154.jpg

Ciorac had some Astoundings for sale so I picked up these 3 that contain parts 1-3 of Jack Williamson's "Legion of Time" novel. Hopefully it's a good read.

IMG_7155.jpg

very nice. yeh, "The Legion of Tine" is one of the good ones... seems like the cover happens in the book as Lethonee makes a supremely dramatic entrance. this 1952, Richard Angerman dj

img642.jpg

Edited by pcalhoun

Ciorac and I went to the Philly Comic Con on Sunday, and while he was busy trying to sell books, I was actually trying to buy books like real collectors do. lol Fortunately, I found a sweet batch of sci-fi bedsheets! :grin:

IMG_7154.jpg

Hey! I bought a couple of books too!!!

Fortunately I had a chance to see the sci-fi bedhseets Todd bought and they are quite lovely. It was a great buy for sure :)

IMG_7154.jpg

:o(worship) ...Sweet; lots of Gernsback too.

Those copies look awesome in the scan. How is the overall condition?

They're all above average copies with no major defects. They all came from an original owner collection. The really interesting aspect of the story is that the original owner was a woman and the family says she read them all cover to cover. That's so cool.

IMG_7154.jpg

He shoots, he scores! :applause:

Just amazing! You know, I went to a pulp convention here in NY a few years back, and I'm not sure I saw a single book that looked this nice.

Finally landed this tough fish-man DIME MYSTERY cover I've been after since Shiverbones posted his copy ...

DimeMysteryDec1934.jpg

Its unbelievable that the original art still exists for this cover... collection of Robert Lesser (Walter Baumhofer artist).

1155_c.jpg

Finally landed this tough fish-man DIME MYSTERY cover I've been after since Shiverbones posted his copy ...

I remember that one. Fantastic cover and copy, Ryan... :applause: