• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,256 posts in this topic

I was just sorting through the Shadows in my collection from 1931-33.

I found out that I still need one of them, and while most are high grade, I still need to upgrade a couple. On the flipside, I have 4 high grade copies of some issues.

Anyway, here is a group shot (not the greatest camera work because of the glare of the Mylars).

Shot2.jpg

My favorite of the bunch:

crimeuseyes1.jpg

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

I was just sorting through the Shadows in my collection from 1931-33.

I found out that I still need one of them, and while most are high grade, I still need to upgrade a couple. On the flipside, I have 4 high grade copies of some issues.

Anyway, here is a group shot (not the greatest camera work because of the glare of the Mylars).

Shot2.jpg

My favorite of the bunch:

crimeuseyes1.jpg

Dwight

(worship):cloud9: (thumbs u

It's been quite a while since I posted in here but have been lurking a lot! Super nice books Dwight!

Here are a few pulps I have picked up over the last several months.

scan0018-1.jpg

I had the pleasure of seeing these in person Friday night when David was up here in Philly. It was hard to see this one walk out the door with him

Hi all,

Annual Pulpster mag published for Pulpfest.

Pulpfest.jpg

I'm back from my first visit to Pulpfest in Columbia Ohio. The only other pulp show I have ever been to was the Windy City Pulp Show in Chicago this spring.

The Family decided it would be a good RV trip for us to enjoy the last few days of no school. Kim, my wife, is a high school Spanish teacher and Katie, our 11 year old is starting 6th grade.

We planned to leave around 10:00am on Thursday, (we live in Hickory N.C.) drive about half way and finish getting there on Friday around noon. Well as usual the best laid plans.......

After a long story in it's self, we started down the road at 6:00pm on Thursday. Didn't get to Columbia till 5:00 on Friday. sigh...........so I missed the first day of a three day show.

Edited by Comics-n-ERB

So I finally made it to the show on Sat. It was about the size of a large one day comic show, around 100 tables at a guess.

The first thing I come to is a dealer that sells Autographs. Katie has been on a kick watching the Golden Girls (sitcom from the 80's) starring Betty White. I find a signed pic of Betty for $20. :takeit:

I next come to a dealer who has some extremely nice BLB's. I only collect ERB titles in Big Little Books, he had a few but mine were in better condition. :acclaim:

He also has a nice little stack of comics. I pick out two, we barter and I come away with these:

Superman73.jpg

Batman55.jpg

I met up with our own Dwight, aka Detective35DF, the be all and end all of Shadow pulps! Dwight is younger than I thought he would be and was built like a brick house! Super nice guy with lots of knowledge in pulps and comics. Great to meet you Dwight :hi:

Dwight showed me some Shadow Pulps that he was letting go as he had upgraded to better copies. Hard to believe on a few of them, they were very nice! He gave me some pricing to ponder on. hm

I ventured around the room for awhile and saw lots of pulps with Shadows being prominent. (show was a celebration of The Shadow at 80 years old).

There was also lots of paperbacks, new reprints of pulp stories and some new stories. there was a couple of dealers that had a lot of variety, meaning more than just pulps and paperbacks.

I ended up looking at one of the dealers with lot's of different things. He also had comics. I asked if he liked to trade, and he said yes but all he was looking for at the time was pre-code horror.

So I went out to the RV (drove there from the camp site, first dropping Kim and Katie at a huge Science Center, Katie loves Science) and picked out a box of Gold that I had brought as trade bait.

Luck would have it that I had brought some horror with me. He found a few things he liked and I found something I liked. This is what I got in the trade.

Planet72.jpg

While we were trading another dealer came over to look at my box. He ended up buying a couple of books. A customer also looked and bought another book. Then another dealer came over and said would I trade; yep I would. So after collecting some cash I went over to his tables. Lots of pulps and also some comics. Ended up with these.

TerrifyingTales13.jpg

Jungle146.jpg

Speed41.jpg