• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,115 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Kihei Comics said:

Hey everyone! My name is Nathan and I am mostly active on Instagram @kiheicollectibles I am making an effort to be more active on here because I want to meet more pulp collectors!!! I have been heavily pursuing pulps for 2 years now and I look forward to sharing with you guys and hopefully doing some deals! Here are some of my favorites in the stash. 

98A34065-3787-490E-A29B-FA749202AC0F.jpeg

346D0FA0-3171-45BF-8786-6250EA1D5276.jpeg

3DBA59C4-EA37-4795-9A0E-9D452253BE52.jpeg

Howdy Nathan. I believe we have met a few times. You are from Hawaii I believe?

Any way, welcome to the GA boards. Much more fun and educational than IG. 

12 hours ago, jpepx78 said:

It’s always interesting to see collections of other fanatical collectors.

You know I've known about this initiative for years. I ran into it when I was deciding if I wanted to collect all pulps on my dad's birthday month - July 1942 and stumbled on the program … and quickly backed away, having most covers be the flag was not why I wanted to start that collection. Today, watching the video, my eyes have been opened to the series of comics cover with the flag prominently on display, never did I dream it was part of the same effort and seeing them side-by-side is eye opening. The comics did a much better job of variation than magazines did for their covers. I guess it never also occurred it when looking at the Newsstands at Mike's DC Indexes b/c it simply does not jump out - http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/newsstand.php?publisher=all&type=cover&month=7&year=1942&sort=alpha

Thanks for the link to the videos.

2 hours ago, Scrooge said:

You know I've known about this initiative for years. I ran into it when I was deciding if I wanted to collect all pulps on my dad's birthday month - July 1942 and stumbled on the program … and quickly backed away, having most covers be the flag was not why I wanted to start that collection. Today, watching the video, my eyes have been opened to the series of comics cover with the flag prominently on display, never did I dream it was part of the same effort and seeing them side-by-side is eye opening. The comics did a much better job of variation than magazines did for their covers. I guess it never also occurred it when looking at the Newsstands at Mike's DC Indexes b/c it simply does not jump out - http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/newsstand.php?publisher=all&type=cover&month=7&year=1942&sort=alpha

Thanks for the link to the videos.

Thanks for that link - It took me a minute to realize that it probably doesn't stand out as much because of the variety you mentioned and you really have to look at July, August and even September to see all the Flags, "Buy War Stamps" stickers, Red White and Blue Logo's (Mutt & Jeff #5 :) ) and other Patriotic Motifs (The V for Victory on All Star 12 etc.) because of the various titles staggering between cover date and distribution date. It is an amazing and inspiring effort.

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Anybody notice the new category here? (Other than the Poke Man / Magic card category). 

Was only a matter of time...

Oh good, it's active!  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, detective35 said:

That is what I was thinking, we should have this thread pinned there on the top.  

We really should, partly for historical reasons, and partly to keep using it as our "This week in your pulp collection" thread.

Hi everyone, first time posting pictures so I'll start relatively small and happy to share more if there's any interest! I recently started collecting sci fi pulps of my favorite stories - my goal was to collect all of the original Astounding issues with Asimov's Foundation stories (11 in total from May 1942 - January 1950) after I realized a first edition novel was way out of my price range. Finally completed the set - here are some scans of my favorites and some other interesting issues I've started picking up with Asimov, Heinlein, etc. Collection is growing slowly, but I'm already hooked.

Thanks @thunsicker for the suggestion to post here

696823355_Astounding-May1942-Foundation1(Firstcopy).thumb.jpeg.25478f4d75d9852192ec842093e59d48.jpeg995108076_Astounding-November1945-AsimovFoundation6.thumb.jpeg.86376d6e1c051dadb77f0a4924f68fc9.jpeg308799090_AmazingStories-March1939-FirstAsimovStory.thumb.jpeg.0d92dafdc8d118f2796a2e3c76c21a6e.jpeg1587516026_Astounding-July1939-BlackDestroyer(FirstAstoundingAsimov).thumb.jpeg.7f1192202aed25ce344729094f6cde15.jpeg663630200_Astounding-August1939-FirstHeinlein.thumb.jpeg.a7db80eb5daeedcd44632385f11e8abf.jpeg

Edited by asimovpulps
formatting