• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,154 posts in this topic

Thanks! I was hesitant at first because of the chunk being out of the art, but in the end I knew it would be some time before I found another and maybe that copy would have damage in an even worse spot.

The Gaze of the dead woman in the background is just bone chilling. And set off with such pretty colors too. Yikes!

I got this insane Triple Tortured lady cover in today. August 1938

Do you think you got a discount because of the missing corner? Or was demand for this cover so high that it really did not matter that the corner was missing?

Do you think you got a discount because of the missing corner? Or was demand for this cover so high that it really did not matter that the corner was missing?

I paid $125, a 10% discount from the Asking price. There was not much wiggle room because the scarcity of the book is understood.

I agree late 30's seem to be harder, and are a bit more graphic.

Edited by shiverbones

I paid $125, a 10% discount from the Asking price. There was not much wiggle room because the scarcity of the book is understood.

I agree late 30's seem to be harder, and are a bit more graphic.

Now I'm sad that I gave up my VG copy ten years ago for only $50 trade value.

In keeping this thread alive, here is one of my favorite books in my collection, with supple cream pages to boot :cloud9::

ShadowCreepingDeath-1.jpg

ShadowSideview.jpg

ShadowBC.jpg

However, for the right price... hm I might consider parting with it.

Edited by eccomic