• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,256 posts in this topic

Just got this one in today. About as nice an example as you'll find with off-white pages (no hint of tanning). :cloud9:

argosy01071939.jpg

Nice book. Nice headlights.

This just arrived this morning ... first time I used the "BUY FROM OWNER" feature at Heritage. Its a dangerous feature!! Browse the auction archives with caution... you might find something you really want. :eek:

Pretty excited to add this issue to my collection... super nice condition, great pages. This issue seems tough to find in grade... the uncoated cover stock makes it a magnet for dirt and finger prints.

Only need about six more issues to complete my Gernsback AMAZING run!! Anyone have a nice AS QUARTERLY Fall 1928 issue they want to part with? :wishluck:

lf-1.jpg

At the risk of being repetitive...wow! Congrats on a big pick up.

I almost hate to post this after all the big-time books that have been posted, but I just finished reading this one and was wondering if anyone out there is a Leigh Brackett fan? The cover story to this one was a really good read--kind of a sci-fi/sword and sorcery yarn that takes place on Mars. I'd never heard of Brackett but this was on a par with ERB or Howard, imo.

TWSJune1949.jpg

I almost hate to post this after all the big-time books that have been posted, but I just finished reading this one and was wondering if anyone out there is a Leigh Brackett fan? The cover story to this one was a really good read--kind of a sci-fi/sword and sorcery yarn that takes place on Mars. I'd never heard of Brackett but this was on a par with ERB or Howard, imo.

TWSJune1949.jpg

Thanks JohnT!

Am I wrong, or did Leigh Brackett get a screenplay credit on the first Star Wars? I always found that an interesting connection between the Star Wars franchise and the pulps...

Sorry if this is slightly off topic.

TWSJune1949.jpg

Thanks JohnT!

Am I wrong, or did Leigh Brackett get a screenplay credit on the first Star Wars? I always found that an interesting connection between the Star Wars franchise and the pulps...

Ive always loved Bikini outfitted women in Outer Space.

TWSJune1949.jpg

Thanks JohnT!

It was Empire. She wrote the first draft, but then passed away before the second. Lucas was a big fan of her pulp stories. (thumbs u

Here a Bio on Leigh Brackett Wiki

Thanks, that was a great read. Time to look for some more of her stuff!

I was struck by her vividly constructed settings and her use of imperfect heroes. Very entertaining.

On another subject, has anyone ever bought off of the Ebay seller serendipity43235? Not sure if this is a board member, but he sells pulps.

On another subject, has anyone ever bought off of the Ebay seller serendipity43235? Not sure if this is a board member, but he sells pulps.

I strongly advise AGAINST buying from him... terrible grading, and will not honor return policy. I had to get my refund for a VG ANGEL DETECTIVE pulp with supple pages (actually a Fair, with flaking paper/confetti party in the bag) through ebay.

He was a total jerk.

I strongly advise AGAINST buying from him... terrible grading, and will not honor return policy. I had to get my refund for a VG ANGEL DETECTIVE pulp with supple pages (actually a Fair, with flaking paper/confetti party in the bag) through ebay.

He was a total jerk.

That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to trash a board member (which I now assume he's not). I bought a $25 pulp from him and it was pretty junky, and I'm pretty sure he doctored the scan as the colors were nowhere near what they look like when the book arrived. Plus he just put the book in a baggie and through it in an envelope. doh!

Just got this one in today. About as nice an example as you'll find with off-white pages (no hint of tanning). :cloud9:

argosy01071939.jpg

Great looking copy! :applause: It made me go look at mine. Then I realized I didn't have a loose copy, I have a bound set.

lf-1.jpg

Congratulations on your purchase, Ryan. :applause:

That cover is probably one of the most famous of all pulp covers. Beautiful copy you found. (thumbs u

Thanks BZ. Haven't picked up much lately, but the slowdown has made me focus on items that count! (thumbs u

Nice pickup!!

Ijust loggged on this morning to AH and noiticed they auctioned off part 1 and part 6 to under the moons of mars!!! The prices realized are way less than I would have paid had I known those were up for grabs!!! Very depressed this morning..... doh!