• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So who is up for a Mega-Con Forum dinner, Friday (or Sat) March 7 or 8?

90 posts in this topic

Hey King, you're from O-Town, how close is the nearest Hospital to the OCCC --- preferably one with a good OB staff??? hmlol:insane:

Does Centra Care count? :juggle:

:frustrated:

Here is a link to a site providing all the Orlando hospitals and their locations.

Hospitals

Since we are about 5 weeks out are we settling on Saturday for the dinner?

Joe, yes, it does seem like Saturday would be the preferred date.

As for venue, I actually kind of enjoyed Tony Romas last year, especially since they were nice enough to open up the rear room for us.

Any other suggestions?

I'll start emailing folks now that we have a date set.

Since we are about 5 weeks out are we settling on Saturday for the dinner?

Joe, yes, it does seem like Saturday would be the preferred date.

As for venue, I actually kind of enjoyed Tony Romas last year, especially since they were nice enough to open up the rear room for us.

Any other suggestions?

I'll start emailing folks now that we have a date set.

George,

Ribs and stakes sound good to me. I most likely will be at the show Friday and will be back a couple of hours before dinner Saturday. Last years dinner, while small was a blast so this years should top that based on the amount of participants.

I'm not a board regular, just got back into collecting, but if you all will have me, I'd be happy to hang out.

I'm really excited that Stan Sakai will be there. :)

Anyways, I posted my pic on the "What do you look like" thread, so if anyone here wants to say hi to me at megacon that would be cool. I'm nicer than I look. :)

Planning on going all day Saturday, so if you see a guy about 6'2", 220ish overweight guy with a shaved head and an amish beard say hello. :)

I'm not a board regular, just got back into collecting, but if you all will have me, I'd be happy to hang out.

Anyways, I posted my pic on the "What do you look like" thread, so if anyone here wants to say hi to me at megacon that would be cool. I'm nicer than I look. :)

Planning on going all day Saturday, so if you see a guy about 6'2", 220ish overweight guy with a shaved head and an amish beard say hello. :)

That should narrow down the field to a few hundred participants :grin:

That should narrow down the field to a few hundred participants :grin:

ROFL. :)

I guess that didn't help much did it?

I did play sports in high school, have somehow wrangled girls who were out of my league into dating me, was the first westerner to begin magic for pokemon trade with the major gaming stores in Japan in the late 90s, have met and been backstage at nearly every punk/thrash metal/death metal band show you can think of. I'm also a Christian, have tried and trained for over ten different professions, blah why am I still typing...

None of that changes how I look and it doesn't fit on a name badge. :)

Jenny craig and hair club for men here I come.

For real though, if any of ya'll are there and you see me say hi, I love meeting new people, talking comics or anything. I'm a very chill guy. :)

Ok guys....so, if anyone has any objections to Tony Romas, please state them now. Otherwise, I will call tomorrow to get a table and or room reserved.

So far, we have the following people who are likely to attend the dinner, Saturday, March 8th:

Detective27Kid

Ciorac

QualityComix

Capt Tripps

Sfilosa (good ole Steve should be there....cool! :cool:)

McMiles

KingofRulers

Theagenes (maybe, hopefully, GA guys are always welcome! :wishluck:)

Par2ch

Joeypost

aaron568

drsone

TupennyConan

I'm going to send out invitations for Steve Borock + the CGC guys and Harley Yee as well....just in case. :wishluck:

Anyone else?