• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All You Eagle Eye Graders

54 posts in this topic

This is close. I don't like what's happening on the top edge. Creases in the logo box ulfc and that's an awfully creamy looking bc. I'd want to know PQ. My take is 9.0 since I think this prob is worse in hand.

I'm not an eagle eye anything, I'm better at low grade, but I see a rounded lower right corner, a scratch upper left (or 2) on the spine, a bend and it looks like some wear on the right edge. I wouldn't say 9.2...but again...I'm better at fair..;)

1/2 inch dimple/crease under sue's head and 1/8 inch color breaking spine tick take it to 9.0 IMHO. Slightest 3/4inch crease/scrunch going into thing's head on box, maybe more visible in person, or may not be anything. I've seen scans that cover those (not intentionally).

Looks to be very close. The only thing I would think keeps it at 9.0 is the impact dent in the price box area. I guess if the price is right, go for it. If it's not priced accordingly then leave it be. ( I made that opinion only based on the front as I can't see the picture of the back cover for some reason )

now I can see the back scan :insane:

I'm thinking that it could technically get a grade of 9.2 because the corners actually seem rather nice for this good old silver age.

:D You're asking us? Have you seen the grading contest that's going on?

Seriously, that bend below Sue's head looks suspiciously like the book's spine was compromised at that spot, so I'd go lower than 9.2 if this was in your contest.

For what it's worth!

Price is $300 :eek:

and thank you greggy for your thoughtfull non-biased opinion

Buy it, slab it, use your next contest to pimp it out, and then sell it.

Capitalist greggy

Capitalist greggy

Do we get to hear expert, well respected, grader, Greggy, too ?..;) :wishluck:

Capitalist greggy

That's my next rambling. Gotta go back to my training course so :banana:

Capitalist greggy

All those Greggy's are an offshoot of the one and only Dork Greggy.

Don't buy it at least not for $300.

I think the grade is borderline 9.0/9.2. (it might have more ncb bends that are hard to see and the top edge is to hard to see in the scan) At $300 I don't think it is worth the risk of turning out to be a 9.0. $250 - maybe. Even at 9.2 you are probably looking at a $100 profit after slabbing, shipping and selling fees, if that is the intent. I wouldn't take the risk unless it has a good return policy.