• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GUESS the Grade Vampi #90 you MUST look at this book!

31 posts in this topic

It's a crease on the URC of the FC and a MASSIVE impacted corner on the ULC of the BC.

There was no way it was in the upper 9's.

I'm surprised it dropped that much to a 7.5 though.

It's a crease on the URC of the FC and a MASSIVE impacted corner on the ULC of the BC.

There was no way it was in the upper 9's.

I'm surprised it dropped that much to a 7.5 though.

Got to agree, the book screams 9.6 all the way, apart for the impact corner crease. 7.5 seems punitive in the extreme!!!

Did you get spotted macking on Mrs Boroch at the last forum dinner (shrug)

Please guess the grade of this book

f64a99c4.jpg

vamoi.jpg

Vampi books sure seem to get graded harshly, I seem to recall a Vampi book FFB had that was severely undergraded for some reason.

And also agree this book mainly got hammered for that corner(which more then likely affects every page of the book)

maybe you should have had the corner pressed first. Then you'd likely have gotten your 9.0

If it were cost effective to do so I would actually. But to pay for pressing the corner and then the regrading would not make it worthwhile.

Don't forget you non-magazine collectors... it costs $25 to slab a magazine. Not as cheap as a comic.

Just wanted to be clear, I was not hatin on your book, I just lightened the scan to better see what it was that CGC graded it so harshly for. :foryou: It is still a very nice book.

In my experience, severe bends like the one your URC has appears to affect every page, so I assume that was why CGC hammered the book.

Ze-

maybe you should have had the corner pressed first. Then you'd likely have gotten your 9.0

If it were cost effective to do so I would actually. But to pay for pressing the corner and then the regrading would not make it worthwhile.

Don't forget you non-magazine collectors... it costs $25 to slab a magazine. Not as cheap as a comic.

Is it an impact dent or did something lay on top of it to cause the depression? If that was impact I cannot see how a crease could not be formed. If it was done slowly over time then yes, you could get the same defect without the crease.