• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOSTON COMIC CON Returns March 16th! Featuring Special Guest Carmine Infantino!

80 posts in this topic

I just committed to going. Paul (silverandbronze) and the glorious Toon Tumbler menagerie is going as well.

Recently, I've had a number of eBay contacts with locals asking me to bring more of the esoteric Golden Age I have to the show. So, I figured since I haven't had them out since Chicago 2004 (2003? 2005? somewhere in there) I'd bring another thousand or so GA books.

I'll have the my silver/bronze books too, but the DCs will have to go on the floor...A shame but necessary. :-(

And it will be all-Valiant-all-the-time at my booth as well, since the Golden Age / Valiant combo is so appealing... :insane:

Yeah, but there was last year too and it made no impact on getting into, out of, or parking for the show. I parked right on the street for that one, but there's a validated lot around the corner. The parade is in Southie and the show is downtown.

Is there going to be a St. Patrick's Day pararde that Sunday?

For better or worse, St. Patrick's Day is not what it used to be in Boston, even 15 years ago.

Wan't even a factor last year-- crowd was big, load in a breeze, and trip home (or to dinner) was just as easy. Parking was amazing. If you're in Boston (or CT, or NH, or RI) you'd be silly not to make this show. It simply was one of the most fun shows I've been to in a long time. Just the right size, and somehow reminded me of what shows used to feel like in the 70's. A great time.

Is there going to be a St. Patrick's Day pararde that Sunday?

For better or worse, St. Patrick's Day is not what it used to be in Boston, even 15 years ago.

Wan't even a factor last year-- crowd was big, load in a breeze, and trip home (or to dinner) was just as easy. Parking was amazing. If you're in Boston (or CT, or NH, or RI) you'd be silly not to make this show. It simply was one of the most fun shows I've been to in a long time. Just the right size, and somehow reminded me of what shows used to feel like in the 70's. A great time.

:cloud9:

Question for fellow New Englanders:

How is the parking around there, or should I take the Red Line in from Quincy? If I take the "T" is it in walking distance from the Park street station?

Also, how do others carry books they want to get signed?

Thanks,

Ernie

I'm taking the train in. It's a quick enough walk from Copley or Arlington on the Green Line, or Back Bay on the Orange. Parking shouldn't be bad either.

I take my books in a shoulder bag that's big enough to carry LPs, and it's usually good enough to hold my purchases as well. I just keep my books with a stiff backing and all is well!

This'll be a good show! I can't wait! Boston has been a good place to be a comic book geek these past few years!

Who will be around for dinner? Maybe we can meet somewhere close to the show site. Some posibilities are:

Legal Seaford

Cottonwood Cafe

Rock Bottom

PF Chang

McCormick & Schmick's

Maggiano's

All are pretty close, there have been a couple of suggestions for the first one on the list, let's ee what we can put together!