• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 slabs to the UK,shipping question....

8 posts in this topic

prepare your buyer for a shock :(

the cheapest way by air for 2 slabs seems to be about $25 depending on how they are packed

this is the quote I got for the last couple of slabs I bought from the states from tom moore

Exact shipping cost is $28 (not too bad) for USPS Priority Global 6-10 days delivery estimate.

actual shipping worked out slightly cheaper than $28, and he refunded me the difference.

it's certainly a lot more expensive than it was a year ago

I have another suggestion. Make sure the customs description uses the word 'comic' or 'book'. 'Used books' is a good one.

Books (and comics) are not taxed. If it is not very clear to the customs sods (I mean officials) they will charge VAT which is quite difficult to get back.

If you can get the box just under 2lbs, say 1lb and 15 ounces, here is a quote from

USPS which I believe is going to be the cheapest when compared to similar delivery method/time:

PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL 6-10 days: $24.00

**Keep in mind, there is NO way to track this kind of method

If you want tracking/signature confirmation you will have to go with EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL & that would run you $34.75