• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Childhood Pics with Comics and "Dolls" --- Let's see 'em!

56 posts in this topic

Na... at that price I dont even want one :insane:

I wonder how much Mark paid for his 9.4 hm

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/ComicDetail.aspx?PeopleComicID=40570&PeopleSetID=4300

Wow!!! That guys stuff is sick grade wise!!! Thanks for the link. That is the same set your working on? Yeah, i wonder what he got his Big Jim PACK for. That is one of those books that if that was an auction on ebay it might get no play and go for dirt cheap. But it is really hard to find!

Very cool pictures!!! Sorry i derailed your thread with all the Jim Jims PACK talk! Maybe this will get it back on track. Check out this picture of this happy little ' (me) back in 1976! I think i really wanted this toy that year! lol:headbang:

Where is New Jersey are you from? Any cool LCS Info you want to pass on?

mcdonaldland1.jpg

Hey Bronze!

I live in West Windsor, which is right next to Princeton (where I work). Not a lot of great LCSs around, however. I go to Steve's Comic Relief to browse the new releases every week, but not much of a back-issue selection there. Have been to Silent Bob's in Red Bank (Kevin Smith's store) a couple times --- it's fun to visit and check out the offbeat stuff, but again very few back issues. There's a good store on Route 9 in Howell that sells comics and CDs/LPs. It's called "The Record Store", http://www.therecordstorenj.com/ and they have a very decent back issue stock, including a fair amount of Silver and Bronze.

How about you? What part of NJ are you in?

Hey Bronze!

I live in West Windsor, which is right next to Princeton (where I work). Not a lot of great LCSs around, however. I go to Steve's Comic Relief to browse the new releases every week, but not much of a back-issue selection there. Have been to Silent Bob's in Red Bank (Kevin Smith's store) a couple times --- it's fun to visit and check out the offbeat stuff, but again very few back issues. There's a good store on Route 9 in Howell that sells comics and CDs/LPs. It's called "The Record Store", http://www.therecordstorenj.com/ and they have a very decent back issue stock, including a fair amount of Silver and Bronze.

I live in Hoboken. Silent Bob store is ok. Not much after all the cool stuff from the movies. The back issues stink. You would think that Kevin Smith would have a great stock!!! Hes rich. Hes a fan boy just like us...i bet hes reading this!!!! Yo....Stock your Store!!! lol I will see if i can check out that record store place. Few cool stores up here...Zap Comics in wayne. Pretty good stock and Ben Always seems to be getting new stuff. Jokers Child in Fair Lawn is also cool...But the prices there are insane!!!! But they do have alot of cool stuff!!!! And of course A and S Comics in North Bergen!!! Have a sub. there since 92...worked there for a few years. Great store!!! :headbang:

New Jersey Guy checkin' in! :hi:

Since I work in Red Bank, Jay & Silent Bob's became my LCS. Their back issue stock isn't great but I go for new books anyway. It is a tourist trap with 90% of people taking pics of the place and props they have there and asking where KS is! People even bring scripts in and ask if they can submit them to Kevin Smith doh!

Other good NJ shops that I know of are:

Little Shop of Comics 356 Park Ave., Scotch Plains (Steve's a great guy and has a nice BI selection)

JC Comics 579 Rte. 22 W., North Plainfield (Nice store with Tons of BI's)

This is a usefull link also fyi... Store finder

New Jersey Guy checkin' in! :hi:

Since I work in Red Bank, Jay & Silent Bob's became my LCS. Their back issue stock isn't great but I go for new books anyway. It is a tourist trap with 90% of people taking pics of the place and props they have there and asking where KS is! People even bring scripts in and ask if they can submit them to Kevin Smith doh!

Other good NJ shops that I know of are:

Little Shop of Comics 356 Park Ave., Scotch Plains (Steve's a great guy and has a nice BI selection)

JC Comics 579 Rte. 22 W., North Plainfield (Nice store with Tons of BI's)

This is a usefull link also fyi... Store finder

Jersey Represent!!! :sumo:

If i was a rich fan boy comic shop owner i would have killer back issues!!!! Kevin Smith is failing at that shop!!! Is he ever in there? Thanks for the Info on those two stores!!! I like hitting new back issue spots!!!!!! I will check out both!!! Any one of those two better for Silver Age Marvels? :headbang:

Hey Bronze!

I have done bizness with Ed Cook of the Record Store. He has always been great to deal with. For what its worth I have helped him fill some of his want lists for customers so he actually does that actively rather than sit and wait.

My mother still has almost all of my "G. I. Joe/Superhero toy era" photos. But I do have a few fun ones.

Super Thingmaker was the best toy ever, you could make cool stuff and burn yourself all at the same time. :cloud9: Like my hat?

stm.jpg

My mother still has almost all of my "G. I. Joe era" photos. But I do have a few fun ones.

Super Thingmaker was the best toy ever, you could make cool stuff and burn yourself all at the same time. :cloud9: Like my hat?

stm.jpg

I'm pretty sure I had that toy jet! Pan Am? hm