• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CRAZY EBAY LISTINGS! Ebay for sale?
1 1

22 posts in this topic

I found this in a yahoo magazine.

"In past years, memorable ebay listings have included 500 lbs. of marijuana and 200 lbs. of cocaine, a pound of anthrax, a severed head, a San Francisco parking space for a week, fake bullet holes, Willie Nelson's tour bus, Bob Eubanks himself, an F-117A Nighthawk stealth fighter, 31 inches of toenail clipppings, Elvis Presley's dental records, the U.S. presidency, a T. Rex skull, ghost poop, a frog-skin purse, Mir Space debris, a Saddam Hussein hand puppet, Bigfoot's frozen corpse, real Palm Beach County voting machines, a walk on role on Ally McBeal, a lard holder made of moose bladder, a tile of a boy picking his nose, a coffin lid, a "frozen baby white tiger" supposedly obtained from Siegfried and Roy, and the knife used to de-Bobbitize John Wayne Bobbit-an artifact that Jack Gordon, his publicist, called "a piece of American History." We think that calling it a slice of history would have been more poetic.

Then there were the items that made front pages around the world. Such as a 17-year-old boy Francis Cornworth offered his virginity, Or when a human kidney brought $5.7 million and an unborn male child $109,100 before ebay pulled the plug. Or when Bryan Ward of Ellicot, Maryland offered his vote to the highest bidder. (It's illegal to do this in the U.S. and can lead to a $1,000 fine & one year making license plates that read "ebay sux.")

Some presidential souvenirs that Bill & Hillary somehow missed swiping: a White House guest bathrobe, a leather bag with the Air Force One logo, and an Air Force One humidor with the president's seal and 48 cigars-none that were near Monica, we hope. One hoaxer even put ebay itself up for auction, but the bidding froze at $1.25.

The Weird Stuff category is so big (around 15,000 entries) that ebay offers three subcategories: Slightly Unusual, Really Weird, and Totally Bizarre."

tongue.gif

Well, it's worth more than $20 to me, because it was a gift (not that I would sell it). Mine has the Presidential seal (with "President of the United States on it) then says "Air Force One" under that. Not the military version, I guess. There are probably different version for different people.

I thought it was a really cool souvenir.

-- Joanna

Someone did that recently. "I will come to your house and kick your A$$"

Someone, yesterday, was selling tattoo space on his head. First bid was 30k.

Being snarky now that you are gainfully employed again?

Mmmm, to think you scammed 2 free lunches and some great deals on some books!

@ss! mad.gif

wtf are you talking about? I said you were sniping on an immortal soul (auction of which was being run by someone I called a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed). And yes, I edited my post to spark a reaction. tongue.gif

OK, no more of this. Any more interesting eBay sales?