• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well Who canceled their ASM

88 posts in this topic

Everyone who I have talked to that read BND actually liked it, so everyone who has canceled their ASM before actually reading the first BND I encourage you to go and read the first issue and then make your Decision.

John

this is what sucks. Say, for argument's sake, that I actually would like the BND stories if I read them instead of just the previews. I know that chance is out there, and I know that pretty much everything goes through ups and downs. And maybe the last 6-8 months of Spidey stories was just one big "down" and now it's up again. At what point do you finally just say, "enough!"

Slott's She-Hulk was one of my favorite titles, and it irks me to not get to read his take on Spidey (even despite my distaste for FCBD and the previews I've seen). But I just kept shoveling my money to Marvel for Spidey all through Back in Black even though I hated it just hoping for a good ending. Then part of OMD... and, finally, I was just done with it.

They could be writing the best Spidey stories ever written right now, and I still don't think I'd buy it. It's like any relationship that just gets to the point where the distaste you have for the relationship cannot be removed no matter what new tricks she promises to learn in the bedroom.

EDIT: It's almost a Sins-Of-The-Fathers kind of thing too... How do I vote with my dollar if I already bought crappy stories? I can't un-buy them. So I will not buy whatever follows the crappy stories. Done.

I guess you are ranting because i did`nt say anything about switching to DC.

I think i and others here have given ASM plenty of chances,i gave it a chance during the gwen stacy twins, i gave it a chance during the unmasking and a few other bad ideas,chances over.

ASM =animal-smiley-4960.gif

Was not talking to you per say, just in general!

Well I am enjoying BND and I am with everyone saying that the Goblins Twins and OMD was a big piece of , but BND is actually really good.

Everyone who I have talked to that read BND actually liked it, so everyone who has canceled their ASM before actually reading the first BND I encourage you to go and read the first issue and then make your Decision.

John

I'm going to disagree here. I hate BND. I didn't stop reading this until after BND. So now you know one person.

I do not know you, and I am refering to people I have met in real life.

I am sure more than half of the people who are complaining will be back buying ASM's within a few months.

The same happened when the clone saga happened, and I was working at a comic book store and all the customers were complaining and said they would never buy the title again, and low and behold a couple months later they were back buying the title. I am comparing the 90's comics to todays comics, thats like comparing the Miami Doplhins to the NE Patriots. (except for Valiant of course, lol).

To each his own, but I do like the direction ASM is going, so I am happy.

That was an EXCEPTIONAL article.

All common sense points, why the hell isn't he EIC at Marvel????

If he was EIC, hopefully he'd catch stuff like this:

So...what should Marvel do now? Hasn’t the dye been cast?

lol

This is in response to "It's magic."

Hey, Sean, I didn’t say those words. But, here’s the thing, from what you’re saying here, it’s seems to me you’re splitting hairs. You can suspend belief for some things, but not others? I would completely agree with you if the Marvel U didn’t have magical based characters. I mean the Scarlet Witch said “no more mutants," and magically millions of mutants lost their powers because of “it.” “It” being “Chaos Magic.” While there is no explanation for Mephsito’s magic, is it any different than Doctor Strange’s or Wanda’s? Whenever they’ve done things, it seems that “it’s magic” is all the explanation fans have ever needed. So, not to be nit picky, but I don’t se the difference?

It's interesting how he claims that he never said that but then goes on to justify it. hm

Hey, Sean, I didn’t say those words. But, here’s the thing, from what you’re saying here, it’s seems to me you’re splitting hairs. You can suspend belief for some things, but not others? I would completely agree with you if the Marvel U didn’t have magical based characters. I mean the Scarlet Witch said “no more mutants," and magically millions of mutants lost their powers because of “it.” “It” being “Chaos Magic.” While there is no explanation for Mephsito’s magic, is it any different than Doctor Strange’s or Wanda’s? Whenever they’ve done things, it seems that “it’s magic” is all the explanation fans have ever needed. So, not to be nit picky, but I don’t se the difference?

It's interesting how he claims that he never said that but then goes on to justify it. hm

I found his responses to be nonsensical! Complete BS...

I found his responses to be nonsensical! Complete BS...

Magic has its established place in the Marvel Universe but has never been a major part of the Spidey Universe for good reason. It diminishes suspense, event magnitude, and the reader's suspension of disbelief.

Also, Joe Q's reasoning for Peter and MJ's "deal with the devil" being better than a divorce was complete garbage. The guy can not admit to being wrong about this whole disaster. (At least not until the current creative teams are done with their planned stories...)

Also, Joe Q's reasoning for Peter and MJ's "deal with the devil" being better than a divorce was complete garbage. The guy can not admit to being wrong about this whole disaster. (At least not until the current creative teams are done with their planned stories...)

One of those divorce-related questions was mine, and I could not agree more. He did a poor dodge equating divorce to "giving up" and not being something that should be addressed in the pages of Spider-Man.

Tom Brevoort's blog at Marvel.com is also fairly laughable in that it implies that married folks are all grown up and really have no further expectations for growth. meh