• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shadow!

12 posts in this topic

How much of a negative affect, in numbers, does the DUST SHADOW have when trying to determine a comics grade?

Thanks!

Hey Turok, I think dust shadows are one of those personal things.. some people hate them, others can overlook them if the book is otherwise solid.

Me personally? On a book like the one you posted(a semi decent mid grade book with other flaws), I would only downgrade it a half grade, possibly a full grade. It is a glaring visual defect on the book and does factor into how one arrives it's final grade.

The book Davenport posted is not really the norm.. he is just good at finding books that defy logic. :insane:

:applause:

I never said they weren't interesting!

It appears most of those were downgraded .2 or half a grade depending on the severity. (shrug) That Military book almost looks like Sun damage, and the Wings has not one..but three.. :eek:

Got more?

:applause:

I never said they weren't interesting!

It appears most of those were downgraded .2 or half a grade depending on the severity. (shrug) That Military book almost looks like Sun damage, and the Wings has not one..but three.. :eek:

Got more?

Okay, one more...just to "defy logic". :baiting:

Sensation Comics #1 CGC NM 9.4

Sensation1.jpg

Worst "best" dust shadow ever!! I couldn't believe it when I saw it at auction!