• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick Cage GL #1 and AA #16 sold on C-LINK

81 posts in this topic

..another big recent sale for C-LINK......both listed as a new listing / already sold. The 2 books were listed 1 minute apart yesterday, and both are old label....maybe the same seller, with buyers already secured before the listing?

GL1 never did much for me, but the book is gorgeous, and the price seems pretty spot on. The AA16 seems a little pricey? ( said without research on prior sales ) .....but I love the book as a big time major GA key, and always wanted a nice looking copy. What say you guys about both sales? :popcorn:

Steve

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fnewitems%2Easp%3F%5FSORT%3DYES%26Type%3D%26f1%3Di%2ELastUpdate%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di%2ETitle%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Di%2EIssueNumber%252C%2Bi%2EVolumeNumber%26ODire3%3DASC&id=736632

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fnewitems%2Easp%3F%5FSORT%3DYES%26Type%3D%26f1%3Di%2EPrice%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di%2ETitle%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Di%2EIssueNumber%252C%2Bi%2EVolumeNumber%26ODire3%3DASC&id=736633

GL 9.0 for $40k

points of reference:

9.0 sold in Dec 06 for $35k.

last 7.5 GL sold for 13.5k in Dec 07.

3x 7.5 price is reasonable.

AA#16 5.5 for 60k:

Points of reference:

5.5 sold for $35k in Dec 06 seems to make the sale look expensive but these are as rare as can be.

4.5 sold for $29k in Sept 07 and $28k in Aug 06

2x 4.5 price is expensive for a normal book but properly not too expensive for an unrestored AA#16. I would have thought it would have been in the $50-55k area..

looks like my purchase is starting to bring them out of the woodwork.

there is something about an AA 16.... the GL character is just not top tier, but probably should be GA wise.... but the scarcity enhances the desirability... while I have a slight to mod restored copy of AA 16, I find that it rarely enters my "fondness" time with my books ...meaning I just don't have the same attachment to it, that I do, with say, a Tec 27, etc...

but, it is a cool book none the less

Nice looking book - I don't remember it being part of the Heritage auction of his books a few years ago, I'll have to dig out my catalog later and double check.

I've always thought AA 16 was a much cooler and more important book than More Fun #52.

Definitely at the top of the second tier GA Keys, if not the bottom of the first tier.

GL 9.0 for $40k

points of reference:

AA#16 5.5 for 60k:

Points of reference:

5.5 sold for $35k in Dec 06 seems to make the sale look expensive but these are as rare as can be.

2x 4.5 price is expensive for a normal book but properly not too expensive for an unrestored AA#16. I would have thought it would have been in the $50-55k area..

For another point of reference regarding the value of AA16, I was offered $100,000 for my copy last year.

GL 9.0 for $40k

points of reference:

AA#16 5.5 for 60k:

Points of reference:

For another point of reference regarding the value of AA16, I was offered $100,000 for my copy last year.

100K for your copy would be a major bargain.

GL 9.0 for $40k

points of reference:

AA#16 5.5 for 60k:

Points of reference:

verzyl told us he was offered $850,000 for his mile high (9.4 range)...no doubt, the scarcity of this book makes the limited demand relative to the limited supply, hence we will likely always see rising prices if and when copies come to market

GL 9.0 for $40k

points of reference:

AA#16 5.5 for 60k:

Points of reference:

I told you to keep the offer between me and you :baiting:

I think I would pay that just for your Adventure 40.

Definitely would be a bargain for your AA16. I know we haven't seen the edges, but I would think it's at least two points better than the CL copy (i.e. 7.5+)

there is something about an AA 16.... the GL character is just not top tier, but probably should be GA wise.... but the scarcity enhances the desirability... while I have a slight to mod restored copy of AA 16, I find that it rarely enters my "fondness" time with my books ...meaning I just don't have the same attachment to it, that I do, with say, a Tec 27, etc...

Send it my way, since you are not too fond of it

Send it my way, since you are not too fond of it

for a tidy sum, it is all yours :)

Cage sold his house in my neighborhood last week for 35 million. He bought it two years ago for 25 million.

Now he can afford to buy my whole neighborhood.