• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #50 and #51 - COVER ART!

105 posts in this topic

Absolutely (thumbs u

Like I said, I think it's a fun cover, even though it doesn't fit the mood/feel of the book. Being that it's 1:100, it's probably going to be tough track down, especially in 9.8 condition, but that's the thrill of the hunt! :)

Yeah, I'm a completionist and I'll have to pick it up to complete my set. I'll buy a couple from my LCS when I get back so I can hopefully snag a 9.8.

I can appreciate it for what it is, a poke at the crazy plague of uncalled for zombie variants over at Marvel.

I'll buy a couple from my LCS when I get back so I can hopefully snag a 9.8.

George, does your LCS really get that many copies of TWD? If they get a couple of copies, that means they order/sell 200+ issues regularly! :o

I honestly don't know. There are very few LCS in El Paso that I know of, so it may be harder to track down than I originally thought. I'll probably be stuck resorting to ebay on this one. Someone'll take advatage of us poor, helpless, zombie loving freaks. :)

Very few stores order 100 copies of a comic unless its a major event, big title, or its a really big store and does major online buisness like Midtown comics. I'd be surprised if your LCS gets 1 copy..

Its going to be tough

To give you an idea of a very limited print run...

There are about 400 or so Batman 608 Hush covers in existence.. the book is very tough to get outside of ebay or seeing one at a convention. I'll try to get one from my LCS for my collection, but I doubt it will be a 9.8 ... and the fact that they dont let anyone take the variants out of the bag and board makes it much harder since I cant see the back unless I have X-RAY vision.

Damn, 1:100 for an image book is pretty limited

If the print run is 40,000 thats only 400 variants

I have a feeling they'll raise the print run for issue 50. It'll still end up being hard to find. :frustrated:

No doubt about that, but even an extra 10,000 issues only gives you 100 more variants :sorry:

Danny, OT, but where can I find out the print run on moderns? I'm wondering about the Dark Tower books, as there are a bunch of 1:25, 1:50, and one 1:75 variant covers and I'm wondering how rare they really are.

Nevermind....see post below..... :)

Danny, OT, but where can I find out the print run on moderns? I'm wondering about the Dark Tower books, as there are a bunch of 1:25, 1:50, and one 1:75 variant covers and I'm wondering how rare they really are.

Here you go George, estimated print runs based on sales for DT....you should be able to figure out how many of the varaints there were based on these regular covers sales:

Dark Tower Gunslinger Born 1 $3.99 Marvel 172,116

Dark Tower Gunslinger Born 2 $3.99 Marvel 136,330

Dark Tower Gunslinger Born 3 $3.99 Marvel 132,346

Dark Tower Gunslinger Born 4 $3.99 Marvel 131,710

Dark Tower Gunslinger Born 5 $3.99 Marvel 132,008

Dark Tower Gunslinger Born 6 $3.99 Marvel 128,291

Dark Tower Gunslinger Born 7 $3.99 Marvel 124,601

Steve, I think it was Feb 07 but could be Mar/Apr. An issue was done each month for seven months. I'm really only looking for issue 1's print run.

Yep, I found them, see the post above yours... :grin: