• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #50 and #51 - COVER ART!

105 posts in this topic

Enjoy! :headbang:

The supposed regular cover to issue #50:

l_58a303f17daab9382fdb6b0eb05cc284.jpg

The Supposed Reprint cover to issue #50:

walkingdead_01_reprint.jpg

And the Erik Larsen/Ryan Ottley Variant cover to issue #50???? Interesting.... hm

walkingdead_50b.jpg

The OA to cover #51:

wd-cover-51inks.jpg

Finally some decent cover art. Rick doesn't work with two hands though (which is what Danny was referrring to I guess).

Yes, strangely he has two hands on that cover.....odd......but yes, these covers by Adlard look fantastic!!! I'm still hoping for a SURPRISE Tony Moore variant cover :wishluck:

I would love to own the WD 50 cover :cloud9: I'm pretty sure the price will be crazy though

Yeah, from the layout, it looks to be a wrap around, so I would guess minimum 2-4K for those pages..... But I would love to own one as well. That OA to #51 is pretty badass as well!!! :headbang:

One of the two 50 covers will end up being mostly a stat, and they may end up sold as a set (since it'd be a hard sell to sell the stat one on its own). I also can't account for the "it's the 50 cover" variable as far as pricing's concerned.

Welp, I did some digging (it wasn't very easy to find much info), but apparently, the wrap around cover with Rick is the cover to a special edition reprint of issue #1 that will be released as the same day as issue #50. Issue #50 will have the Carl cover and the strange Larson/Wya variant.

THE WALKING DEAD #50

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art & cover CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN

variant cover ERIK LARSEN & RYAN OTTLEY

th_walkingdead_50b.jpgth_walkingdead_50a.jpg

All alone now.

For this landmark 50th issue we present a special stand-alone tale that will both warm your heart and chill you to the bone.

APRIL 23 - 32 PAGES - BW - $2.99

RETAILER WARNING: MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES

********************************************************************************************

THE WALKING DEAD #1 SPECIAL EDITION

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art TONY MOORE

cover CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN

th_walkingdead_01_reprint.jpg

In celebration of the release of the 50th issue of this groundbreaking series, Image Comics presents a special reprint edition the first issue. Complete with the full -script, original series proposal and a pile of other bonus features.

APRIL 2 - 40 PAGES - BW - $3.99

RETAILER WARNING: MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES

Finally some decent cover art. Rick doesn't work with two hands though (which is what Danny was referrring to I guess).

Yes, strangely he has two hands on that cover.....odd......

Since I found out that this particular cover is going to be on the reprint to the very first issue, Rick having two hands makes more sense :)

Cool, now after selling my raw 9.8ish copy of WD a a couple of months after it came out.. I can finally get a #1 :insane::banana:

(thumbs u

You probably only got $10-$20 for it back then, right? :eek:

Cool covers on the 50 and Special 1. Not a big fan of the Variant Cover (i hope it is just a joking cover).

I am a little behind in the series since I started a "mail order" comic subscription.

On the OA side, I have found the C. Adlard covers and pages are at great prices for beginning collectors.