• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off topic - chess and backgammon invitation.

164 posts in this topic

I perfer it to be nice and quiet so I can hear my opponent wimper while I decimate him.

27_laughing.gifdevil.gif

Quote from Bobby Fischer (badly mangled - can't remember it exactly)

I look forward to the moment when my opponent finally realizes that he is crushed! devil.gif

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

Found a good on-screen chessboard. Makes it easier.

I've got a 4 hour meeting coming up tongue.gif, may be a while before my next move.

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

5. B-QB4

No rush. Plenty of time...

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

I've got a 4 hour meeting coming up tongue.gif, may be a while before my next move.

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

5. B-QB4

Lunch break.

5. ... N-K2

How about Poker on Yahoo? I use my forum name.

I haven't tried the card games yet. I've been going through poker withdrawal since my regular Thursday night game folded so maybe I'll stop by. smile.gif

PS: Do you play hole em on Yahoo? I watched some games for a few minutes. Didn't try to sit in. How do you get your starting stake? Does it just automatically give you some $$$ the first time you sit in?

I play the hold em' occasionally, you start with $1000. The problem is the game moves really slow. You can also bump your money, because it transfers to all the poker room. So you can play 5 draw, dueces wild, or blackjack. By winning in these rooms you can go back to the hold em with more money.

How about Poker on Yahoo? I use my forum name.

I haven't tried the card games yet. I've been going through poker withdrawal since my regular Thursday night game folded so maybe I'll stop by. smile.gif

PS: Do you play hole em on Yahoo? I watched some games for a few minutes. Didn't try to sit in. How do you get your starting stake? Does it just automatically give you some $$$ the first time you sit in?

I play the hold em' occasionally, you start with $1000. The problem is the game moves really slow. You can also bump your money, because it transfers to all the poker room. So you can play 5 draw, dueces wild, or blackjack. By winning in these rooms you can go back to the hold em with more money.

I'm going to try the blackjack tonight.

Do you happen to know what happens if you go bust? tongue.gif Do they give you a new $1,000?

When this gets hot and heavy, can anyone gossip.gif if they see something about to develop? Or would you guys want folks to just kick back and spectate...and is this game "touchmove"? tongue.gif

Definitely touch move! There was a Playboy cartoon with Little Anney Fannie back at the height of the Fischer/Spassky craze that involved her touching two pieces at once when she leaned over the board. I'll leave it to your leacherous imaginations what body parts were involved. blush.gif27_laughing.gif

PS: I like a little friendly kibbitzing, but I'll leave it up to Aces if he prefers folks not to comment on possible moves. After all, I wouldn't want anyone to give him any warning when he inevitably walks into one of my many traps and I crush him. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

5. B-QB4

Lunch break.

5. ... N-K2

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

5. B-QB4 N-K2

6. O-O

893blahblah.gif

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

5. B-QB4

Lunch break.

5. ... N-K2

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

5. B-QB4 N-K2

6. O-O

893blahblah.gif

I've forgotten a bit of my descriptive notation (I use algebraic). I want to move Nbc6. Is that QN-QB3? or N(Q)-QB3? Or simply N(QN1)-QB3?

Time to go home from work now, so it will be an hour or so before I can 'check' back in.

I'm not sure myself...

B8-C6 I think is:

N(QN1)-QB3

Seems the most descriptive. grin.gif

OK:

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

5. B-QB4 N-K2

6. O-O N(QN1)-QB3

7. P-Q3

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

5. B-QB4 N-K2

6. O-O N(QN1)-QB3

7. P-Q3 O-O

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

5. B-QB4 N-K2

6. O-O N(QN1)-QB3

7. P-Q3 O-O

8. Q-K1

I try to reproduce the game on a software, but the program doesn't understand the notation, can someone translate to Standard Algebraic Notation, please?

Thanks,

I try to reproduce the game on a software, but the program doesn't understand the notation, can someone translate to Standard Algebraic Notation, please?

Thanks,

By Standard Algebraic Notation you mean 1. e4 c6 etc...

I can do that after it's all finished. thumbsup2.gif

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2

4. N-QB3 P-K3

5. B-QB4 N-K2

6. O-O N(QN1)-QB3

7. P-Q3 O-O

8. Q-K1 R-K1

I'll edit this post with an algebraic translation in a sec.

1. e4 c5

2. f4 g6

3. Nf3 Bg7

4. Nc3 e6

5. Bc4 Ne7

6. O-O Nbc6

7. d3 O-O

8. Qe1 Re8

There ya go. cool.gif

1. P-K4 P-QB4

2. P-KB4 P-KN3

3. N-KB3 B-KN2