• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone collect SHI ?

12 posts in this topic

just speaking from the heart! he draws really nice tits.

What can I say???

yknow after I posted that, I checked to see if tits would be spanked out... nope!

Ill bet good ol' Arch is a SHI scanner too!

hey wait aminute, I just realized I was talking about DAWN, not SHI

holy SHI! (same artist right?)

just speaking from the heart! he draws really nice tits.

What can I say???

yknow after I posted that, I checked to see if tits would be spanked out... nope!

Ill bet good ol' Arch is a SHI scanner too!

hey wait aminute, I just realized I was talking about DAWN, not SHI

holy SHI! (same artist right?)

confused-smiley-013.gif

Just wondering if anyone here collects SHI Books by William Tucci? Do you think they are a good investment seeing that they have low print runs and have some very nice artwork. Just wondering what the thoughts are on these books.

I like Shi, but, no, there is no investment potential there. The "Way of the Warrior" series was a big hit in the mid-1990s, but then the character became overexposed (crossing over with every other "bad girl" character out there), the post-WOTW stories failed to inspire, new projects would get solicited and then cancelled...and of course the whole "bad girls" craze crashed (for example, Harris's "Vengeance of Vampirella" #1 sold 350,000 copies while the current Vampi series sells less than 10,000 per issue...a 97% DECLINE). As a result, the excellent WOTW series came crashing down to earth in price along with everything else. Nowadays, you can find every Shi issue but WOTW #1, 2 and the Silvestri variant #5 in the dollar bins at shows.

Tucci is working on the second draft of a Shi movie -script, but don't expect a movie to send prices soaring (and definitely not for long, in any case). The '90s, for better or worse, are over.

Gene

i havent read a Campbell comic in years O.o I was a huge Gen143 fan (up to issue 25) now its a DC title. When did DC acquire Wildstorm? So Image is just TopCow and Savage Dragon now?

is Danger Girl still around, and is he drawing it?

mmmmmm titties

Well I agree with the fact that it was a fad. But my thinking was maybe later the fad comes back and then the lower print comics will surpass where it was in the beginning. As everyone has said the titties are still nice:) I think of my shi books as nice paintings. Nice to look at devil.gif By the way where does everyone find out the print runs for each comic? Is there a central database to check?

Ozcomp

But my thinking was maybe later the fad comes back and then the lower print comics will surpass where it was in the beginning.

The lower print runs don't mean much if there isn't considerable underlying demand...for example, I doubt many people other than myself kept their "Sectaurs: Warriors of Symbian" issues from Marvel in pristine condition, but the number of people willing to pay up for that book is exactly zero!

I think of my shi books as nice paintings. Nice to look at

Oh, I'd agree with that. I like them so much that I've purchased 3 original covers from Tucci and a double splash from WOTW by inker Mike Bair! If you have any interest, I may be willing to let go of the covers to Shi: Pandora's Box #1 and Shi: Sempo #1 (probably $300ish each, might be able to do a little better on the former).

By the way where does everyone find out the print runs for each comic? Is there a central database to check?

CBG put out a big book (forget what it's called) this year which has circulation figures for books (where available). I got the figures I cited above, though, from former Vengeance of Vampirella artist "Buzz", when I had dinner with him and DAM60 last week.

Gene