• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WAY off topic, but holy cr#p, I'm going to be a DAD!

39 posts in this topic

It's official, the wife and I are having a little buckaroo! Now excuse me while I go shout it from the rooftops...

...then I'll come back and figure out how to baby-proof 10,000 comics.

Jeff

Congrats Dad!... try something original and don't ask to know the sex of the baby... be surprised. I tried, but my dang Father-in-law spilled the beans the first time... so I didn't try the 2nd. Wish it could have been a surprise

It's official, the wife and I are having a little buckaroo! Now excuse me while I go shout it from the rooftops...

Jeff

Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Keep them in a large locked closet.

They biggest thing you will have to worry about is when he/she (especially if it's a he) grows some, and they bring thier friends over to see dad's comic collection.

Jeff

Congratulations! Be sure to take thousands of pictures. You won't regret it years later.

Baby and kid-proofing can be a challenge. Last night I had a bunch of books out on the floor doing some stuff when my 7 year old daughter came running in. She was covered head to foot in soap suds dripping everywhere. It was quite funny and we got some good pictures, but there were several tense moments as the suds were falling all around my books on the floor. (Look for the new 'Soap Suds' pedigree, coming soon to eBay!)

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. I can't wait to meet the little guy or girl. It does raise some troubling questions though...will the kid collect Marvel or DC? Golden Age or Silver Age? Restored or unrestored? Will cream to off-white pages be acceptable to the next generation? Boy, there's gonna be so much for this kid to learn.