• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest Results - Round 15

68 posts in this topic

If almoe nailed them all and Toro hit a -2 for the rest (first and last place) they would be tied at the end........I think.

I don't think that's right . . . hm

toro has 55 pts . . . with 5 rounds to go, he can drop no lower than to 45 pts.

almoe has 13 pts, he can add no more than 25, which would give him 38 pts.

(unless I'm not thinking straight here)

Divad is right of course. Unfortunately, if you have less than 20 points as of Round 15, you are mathematically eliminated from winning the main Grading Contest. :(

:acclaim:

Wait a minute . . . what do you mean "main"? Is there a loser's prize? :insane:

It's Nik's call... but there are a fair number of prizes.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2145292&page=0&fpart=1#Post2072337

I'd like to donate a prize for most bullseyes (who hopefully isn't the overall winner.. Daredevil #131? 181? etc? I'll have to look to see what I have.) and maybe one for Perseverance for the last place finisher (Complete run on 'Mazing Man?) who stuck with it to the end and didn't drop out.

And Even MORE Stats!!!

This is how we keep track of who has Disqualified or Withdrawn (Sometimes in the past, it was hard to tell who had dropped out.)

This also tracks YOUR PLACE throughout the Grading Contest and shows how you've done throughout this exciting journey that's nearing an end!

For the Stats nuts out there interested in stuff like this...

Wahoo! I'm winning the award for Lowest & Briefest App in the Top 10! 1 Round in 10th place! As long as I don't mess up and get some grades correct and risk popping up there again, no one can beat that! :acclaim::insane:

If almoe nailed them all and Toro hit a -2 for the rest (first and last place) they would be tied at the end........I think.

You are right. i was thinking there were six rounds left. doh!

Divad is right of course. Unfortunately, if you have less than 20 points as of Round 15, you are mathematically eliminated from winning the main Grading Contest. :(

:acclaim:

Wait a minute . . . what do you mean "main"? Is there a loser's prize? :insane:

It's Nik's call... but there are a fair number of prizes.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2145292&page=0&fpart=1#Post2072337

I'd like to donate a prize for most bullseyes (who hopefully isn't the overall winner.. Daredevil #131? 181? etc? I'll have to look to see what I have.) and maybe one for Perseverance for the last place finisher (Complete run on 'Mazing Man?) who stuck with it to the end and didn't drop out.

The Last-Place Finisher though could be a little suspect at this point, as anyone in contention could just ditch the goal and put in 0.5 bids on 9.8 books...take -2s from here on out... 2c

This one killed me. I'll have to see what made it an 8.5 because I can't see it in the scan. I know it's just a game, but this round bummed me out. I have no illusions of winning but I wanted to at least appear respectable.

Should make a stat change regarding points just for something interesting:

5 for bullseye

3 for one grade under

2 for one grade over

leave the rest the same.

It's a little late to be making changes... but that's a good idea for some other contest.

Maybe we can do a chart to see who asks the most questions? lol

I might be in the lead on that one. :insane:

I am on a two round question free streak. :acclaim:

You would loose by a landslide doh!

I'd win that question contest hands down! :acclaim:

:makepoint:

Also a note to all you census checkers, you know who you are :gossip:

I highly doubt that any of these books being posted have made it to the census report yet lol

So shamy, shamy for checking there to begin with (tsk)

I highly doubt that any of these books being posted have made it to the census report yet lol

hm(tsk)

And bang goes my whole system :(