• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crack and re-sub gold in them thar hills.

4 posts in this topic

First image is from the August '06 auction ($507.88). The second is from the November '07 auction ($836.50). 1.5 seems like a really big jump for a press. The original grader's notes were deleted so at least the original label was submitted and the old # has been deleted.

I just stumbled on this looking through the Heritage archive for a book.

RRC175.jpgRRC1-90.jpg

RRC1-75bc.jpgRRC1-90bc.jpg

I guess I don't really understand the crack and resub game. Depending on who did the buying and pressing etc. The $330 in gain on the book seems to all go towards the process and not much else. Pressing costs $50-75, Resub costs $30, Postage all around costs $50-80, Auction costs are $150 or so. Your profit might be $50. And thats on an awfully generous regrade where you reall can't expect an increase of 1.5 with a typical crack and resub. And how long does the whole process take to flip it. 3 months? I gotta tell ya, I have better things to do with my time.

I guess I don't really understand the crack and resub game. Depending on who did the buying and pressing etc. The $330 in gain on the book seems to all go towards the process and not much else. Pressing costs $50-75, Resub costs $30, Postage all around costs $50-80, Auction costs are $150 or so. Your profit might be $50. And thats on an awfully generous regrade where you reall can't expect an increase of 1.5 with a typical crack and resub. And how long does the whole process take to flip it. 3 months? I gotta tell ya, I have better things to do with my time.

agreed...that is just not a book I would want to mess with....but, to each his own (thumbs u

agreed...that is just not a book I would want to mess with....but, to each his own (thumbs u

Agreed also as to return on time and money. My thing is why do this to a pedigree book? Of course as I say that I'm realizing that we are assuming the buyer had to pay the BP and wasn't someone who might have seen the book up really close and realized it's pressing potential. hm A limited # of people fit that bill.