• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MH2s For Everyone!

10 posts in this topic

From Chuck's latest e-mail:

While most of those books are long-since gone, we still had a couple of pallets of high grade issues that I had stashed away many years ago, hidden in the back of our huge main warehouse. We sorted through those books during this past Summer, and sent only the very best in to CGC for professional grading. The result of that effort is that we are now seeing a steady return flow from CGC of comics from that legendary collection in grades ranging from 9.2-9.8.

Well this explains all the MH2 issues with the new CGC label on his website but it opens up a slew of other questions:

These are obviously not the original MH2 copies with the original certificates. How is CGC certifying these copies?

What's stopping Chuck from just taking any old HG issue from the pile and saying it's from the MH2 stash?

I guess the "scarcity", and possible increased value, of the original MH2s is history now that all these new issues are being given the provenance by CGC.

So if you got them, it seems the time to unload is now before this glut hits the market.....

Jim

What's stopping Chuck from just taking any old HG issue from the pile and saying it's from the MH2 stash?

Nothing. However, I don't think there has ever been any premium attached to MH2 books, and in fact there were a few MH2 Hulks I needed that someone offered recently (unslabbed) that didn't go for all that much.

2 pallets is roughly 96 long boxes full of nm Marvel returns depending on how high Chuck stacked them. 893blahblah.gif

Oh boy, just what we needed right now. Tell Chuck to hold off, I need to sell some books and then he can crash the Bronze market. 893frustrated.gif

2 pallets is roughly 96 long boxes full of nm Marvel returns depending on how high Chuck stacked them. 893blahblah.gif

Oh boy, just what we needed right now. Tell Chuck to hold off, I need to sell some books and then he can crash the Bronze market. 893frustrated.gif

Just remember, The Chuckinator *could* have sold those last two pallets years ago, and crashed the Bronze Age market before it ever materialized...! He's too good to us...

Just remember, The Chuckinator *could* have sold those last two pallets years ago, and crashed the Bronze Age market before it ever materialized...! He's too good to us...

laugh about it if you want to, but at the time of his original purchase,had he flooded the market with these books at a buck apiece, he would have put me and a ton of other stores out of business.At the time,I'd say 90% of profits in most stores came from backissues. New books mostly covered the rent and few stores carried much outside the comic genre.A few full page spreads in CBG and Marvel would have destroyed our whole profit margin.

laugh about it if you want to, but at the time of his original purchase,had he flooded the market with these books at a buck apiece, he would have put me and a ton of other stores out of business.At the time,I'd say 90% of profits in most stores came from backissues. New books mostly covered the rent and few stores carried much outside the comic genre.A few full page spreads in CBG and Marvel would have destroyed our whole profit margin.

Wouldn't that presume that he would be selling them for reasonable prices? Based on some of his prices for the MH2 stuff on his site and the Dallas Stephens stuff, he's not interested in flooding the market.

Wouldn't that presume that he would be selling them for reasonable prices? Based on some of his prices for the MH2 stuff on his site and the Dallas Stephens stuff, he's not interested in flooding the market.

Yes,that is quite true. If he had blown them all out at a buck apiece he would have cleared about one million dollars. He could have retired and then what would we use as a punching bag?