• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got another cracked cgc case

37 posts in this topic

Well he refunded me $11 for the reholdering fee and I'll just add the comic to my box when I send in my next shipment to CGC. Here is the damage:

bottom.jpg

Corner post is gone. The book will have to be regraded unfortunately. :sorry:

The what now?.. Are there rules to reslabing a cracked case?..

All 4 corner posts must be intact for books to simply be reholdered. Otherwise...the book has to be regraded.

I've had them reslabbed in the past with two 'smashed' corners. (The employees at Canada Post like to stand on stuff they deliver!!! Reslab no problems!) As lopng as it's obvious the comics not been touched they reslab......Paul

It's the fragile stickers that are getting you all of the attention. Just pack like a mother...

Yeah, no doubt. I have people all the time asking me to write "DO NOT BEND" on a box. The post office folks simply have to look at such a thing as a personal challenge to try to bend the box.

nah, started to ship using the CGC mailers, support up to 220lb...you can actually stand on em...(well the wife can, I'm over 220lbs)..no problems so far...fingers crossed

What are these and how much do they cost ? :D

BTW Nice book I hope you have no problems reslabing!

I got another cracked case in the mail today! I am becoming the king of cracked cases!!! Well luckly this was a set of two cgc comics and the cracked case is the one I didn't want. Still is annoying though. I'll have to specify that it's cracked when it hits ebay.

ScannedImage-10.jpg