• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #226 Original Stat Artwork

14 posts in this topic

Seeing as production stats of the covers from this era go for $100-150, and I have seen really great stat pages have trouble hitting $40-50, and being that these pages don't have any heroes in costume my feeling is $10-20 at the very best...if you can find someone who wants them.

C

Ok thanks for the info.

He's correct. These are kind of a high class xerox. The cache to them is that they were used in the production of the book, and that is where they would have any value, they aren't originals.

C

Sad to say, they will probably go for higher than my artwork.

Stats were are a copy of a image onto photo sensitive paper

using a large belows camera. they were developed much the

same way old school photos were developed; with chemicals

to bring out the image.

The photo paper will darken even more than they appear now.

They will turn a purple color as-well. I would not invest in this.

These will also become brittle. Some Stats if proper cared for

will last a long time, I have many that I developed from the 80's

that are in great shape; these are not.

When I worked at a newspaper, I was friends with the camera room guy, so I had him shoot my Wrightson & sandman pages before I sold them. He tripled washed them, he said if you don't get all the chemicals off, they discolor and crack very easily. The last I pulled my stats out of storage about 2 years ago, they were still fresh & white, so I guess he was on to something.

When I worked at a newspaper, I was friends with the camera room guy, so I had him shoot my Wrightson & sandman pages before I sold them. He tripled washed them, he said if you don't get all the chemicals off, they discolor and crack very easily. The last I pulled my stats out of storage about 2 years ago, they were still fresh & white, so I guess he was on to something.
Absolutely. Stats were not meant to last that's for sure. Your friend must have washed them throughly in water.

As long as they are kept in the dark, and dry they should be fine for quite awhile.