• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bye Bye Bug

104 posts in this topic

Yep, me too! Like I've been telling you guys since day one, you gotta buy when they're selling, and sell when they're buying!

Then why do you disagree with my "the people selling during the hype are the investors, and those buying at the sheep." comments?

We all know it's true, and it mirrors your above statement.

Who's who in your scenario? It's hard to tell b/c your quoted sentence doesn't make sense gramatically. Don't you mean "the people buying during the hype are the investors"? That's your whole schtick, right - that the only people buying high-grade CGC books now are "investors" looking to fund their kids college education and/or retirement and they're going to lose their shirts?

Unfortunately, there are more colors to the palette of life than black and white, and not everyone selling or buying comic books has to be either an investor or a sheep as you like to paint it. There are lots of collectors that buy and sell during the hype like myself, greggy, ricky, FF, bronzebruce, and the list goes on and on and on.

That's how I amassed my minty fresh Valiant collection!!

Smart man! I'm thinking now might be a good time to invest in Valiants as well, those 12-13-14 year old kids back in the early 90's are just about to finish paying off their college debt...which means big moolah available as mad-money over the next few years (at least until they have kids)!!

You should follow my purchases and AKs purchases to get a sense of the kids born in 79 for me and 78 for AK.

I can tell you this much - my first ebay purchases were to fill my X-O Manowar run (you the man X-O!) as I lusted after those big time in the hay day of my collecting youth in 1992-1994. I was happy to pick up these Solars and Magnus's from Zillaf and my snipe was for considerably more than the purchase price.

A lot of people my age will be back to get that copy of Punisher LS #1, Ghost Rider #15, Wolverine LS #1, etc. as those were the wall comics at the LCS that I patronized that I could never afford as a kid. Now I have nice copies of all of them less the Wolverine LS #1 but that's only because I have now finally sold off 2 9.8s, 3 9.6s, and a 9.4 down to an 8.0 - I still have my reader. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to propel the prices of these Marvels, but the Valiants are legitimately tough in HG (at least relative to the Marvels).

DAM

I remember those valiants back in 93..i also remember waiting in line with my friend so he can pick up a Nintendo at Bradlee back in 85...lol. Gee Dave,if you were born in 79 and AK in 78 then I'm older than both of you,I was born in 76,so I remember all the Transformers/Gi joe's/Thundercats and He-Man and even the Sega Vs Nintendo thing goin on..lol. im getting old frown.gif

Who's who in your scenario? It's hard to tell b/c your quoted sentence doesn't make sense gramatically. Don't you mean "the people buying during the hype are the investors"?

Come on banner, I thought the meaning was pretty evident. True investors are those that make money in the biz, be it through apt buying or selling. Sheep are those that provide said investors with capital or inventory at the high and low-end of the market respectively.

I believe some sort of correction will happen also, but I do not think it's going to be catastrophic. If it does happen then maybe I can get some books I want a whole lot cheaper. The correction will be felt, but the collecting market will survive the downturn and prices will once again start their upward trend except for the gimmick stuff.

I remember those valiants back in 93..i also remember waiting in line with my friend so he can pick up a Nintendo at Bradlee back in 85...lol. Gee Dave,if you were born in 79 and AK in 78 then I'm older than both of you,I was born in 76,so I remember all the Transformers/Gi joe's/Thundercats and He-Man and even the Sega Vs Nintendo thing goin on..lol. im getting old frown.gif

Getting an 8 bit Nintendo was definitely one of the defining moments of my childhood. My first three games were Super Mario Bros, Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Legend of Zelda!

I remember a decent amount of the Transformers/GI Joes/Thundercats and He-Man but I definitely would have appreciated it more if I were a bit older . . .

Getting old isn't a bad thing! smile.gif

DAM

Getting an 8 bit Nintendo was definitely one of the defining moments of my childhood. My first three games were Super Mario Bros, Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Legend of Zelda!

I remember a decent amount of the Transformers/GI Joes/Thundercats and He-Man but I definitely would have appreciated it more if I were a bit older . . .

Getting old isn't a bad thing! smile.gif

DAM

I remember the X-mas my parents got us Intellivision (yes, I snooped and knew beforehand)! It was fun whooping up on my friends when we played 'cause most of them didn't have it. makepoint.gif

I've been telling my wife I'm getting the kids X-box or PS2 for X-mas, but every year it's the same "Honey, she's not even 1"..."Sweetie, they're not even 3 yet"..."Nice try, maybe next year!". Well, by the time they're what, 7/8/9, I'll be able to buy it "for them"??? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif They do get a big kick when we play my MAME games on the PC - Donkey Kong, Mrs. Pac-man, Galaga, Dig-dug, Frogger, etc.,. so there's hope!

Post his unedited picture on the boards...

No! No more posting of forumite pics (edited or otherwise). grin.gif

Chris

27_laughing.gif

-Have-to-resist-putting-up-the-Fantastic-James-Magneto-pic-again-