• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane Sketches and Commissions

15 posts in this topic

Hey all! I'm just curious how many of you have any sketches or commissions from Todd McFarlane, and if you DO, wouldn't mind showing them off here? I'm a really, really big fan of McFarlane and would love to see what sort of stuff he's done on side. lol Plus it's a slow day at work today and looking at some cool sketches would be a great picker-upper. :grin:

I can't recall ever seeing a McFarlane sketch..... (shrug)

Another reason for posting this... I've sort of given up any hopes of getting any published McFarlane OA but didn't know if sketches were out there. I might at getting a color guide later (found some nice ones on eBay but timing isn't good financially).

Another reason for posting this... I've sort of given up any hopes of getting any published McFarlane OA but didn't know if sketches were out there. I might at getting a color guide later (found some nice ones on eBay but timing isn't good financially).

You can get some published McFarlane OA if you don't mind looking at stuff other than Spidey, Spawn and Hulk.

Infinity Inc. pages are fairly cheap at only a few hundred dollars.

Here's mine:

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=222743&GSub=34777&GCat=0&UCat=0

It's nice and oversized and I like it! :grin:

It's not a full-on sketch but a cool story....

I met Todd in New York back in 2006 at the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art that was coinciding with the 2006 New York Comic Con. It was a real cool museum and on that night we were there it was a presentation of Todd's art through the years.From his rejection letters as a beginner up til some of his latest art at the time. It was pretty awesome to see some major McFarlane original art upclose. There was maybe 50 or so people at this event and McFarlane was real laid back and told the story of his career going through the room talking about some of the pieces on dislplay. Afterwards he sat down to sign stuff for people,and there was a guy in front of me talking to him and right before he left I saw him hand Todd a business card and it said High Times Magazine. So when I came up we were talking about High Times and we laughed and I asked if he'd draw a joint in Spawns mouth on the Sketch cover edition of Spawn #150. He thought it was funny and did it. It was a very cool experience that night,and he was as cool as you would hope if you were to ever meet him!

998UZKXB.jpg