• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading skills... HA!

10 posts in this topic

I thought I'd give it a shot at try to play "CGC Grader" and test my skills. I've been involved in some shape or form with comics. since the early 80s. Collected on and off. But never really did I think for one second that I was an expert grader. But i figured. Hey, let me give it a shot!

I submitted 7 books a couple weeks ago and called up CGC today to see if the grades were in...

EUREKA!

Now I had figured, at best, I would have three - five 9.4s one or two 9.6s, one 9.0...maybe two.

The RESULT:

Captain America Vol. 1 #217 9.0 :P

Captain America Vol. 1 #217 9.4 :popcorn:

Incredible Hulk Vol 1 #234 7.5 :censored:

Fantastic Four #244 9.0 (shrug)

Captain America Vol. 5 #6A 9.4 :screwy:

Captain America Vol. 5 #6A 9.4 :frustrated:

Captain America Vol. 1 #323 9.0 :pullhair:

I just got a job offer from PGX...

last time I purchase raw books!

Everytime I say no more RAW, I find myself tempted when I see a nice shiny cover of a book I want....that I can't find slabbed...or is too expensive slabbed at a high grade...

damn the CGC with their foul grading system!

I like it better when I was a kid and told another kid a book was NM...because I said so!

Now I'm scared to send in a Captain America 117 I think could hit the 9s...

Submitting a bronze black portrait covers....!?!?!?!

:insane:

No seriously gl

I wouldn't do it from my bad experiences "grading" raw books... and that includes moderns! I was really shocked that my Cap #6s came back 9.4.

That happened before to me when I sub'ed a ASM 298 think...9.6 for sure.

And it came back 9.2. :(:/:mad::censored::frustrated: I getting pissed just thinking about my subs.