• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Marvel Villain Survivor Series - ROUND 17 - the Elite 8?

The Marvel Villain Survivor Series - Round 17  

255 members have voted

1. 1. The Marvel Villain Survivor Series - Round 17

49 posts in this topic

Not much surprise with Round 16. Votes overwhelmingly stopped the Juggernaut, without taking his helmet off. And Kingpin followed behind him. Both round out the #3 seeds.

So, Round 17 brings us the Elite 8. Vote off your 2 LEAST FAVORITE villains on this list. We'll go until Thursday night around 8:00 pm Eastern time.

I went with:

Loki because he's not a true "comic" creation but rather an adaption of a mythological figure. Great stories with him and you could say he created the Avengers, but he's one of the weaker links on a strong list.

Thanos as he's not as original as Galactus. I loved the Warlock stories with Thanos but he doesn't measure up on this list.

Of course, both of these are "powerful" villains vs. someone like Doc Ock. But Doc Ock is far more iconic. Even before Spidey 2, most kid's could identlfy Doc Ock, but wouldn't have a clue about Thanos or Loki.

Shouldn't it be the Evil Eight? hm

I went with Doc Ock

and, yes, Green Goblin :o

I'm partial to the more powerful villains, and it was a tough call between GG and Red Skull. Cap's my favorite hero, therefore, for me his enemy last a bit longer

Doc Ock--easy choice because he shouldn't even be here still.

Loki--tougher choice because he's a legitimate major villain, but he's the lightest weight of the remaining heavies.

What Tim said

WHAT THEY SAID

:headbang:

Doc Ock and Thanos

I didn't vote for Loki because he's a top Avengers villain as well as a arch-nemesis to Thor.

All the other villains that remain look to me like arch-nemesis type characters, save for Doc Ock and Thanos.

While "Dr. Octopus" is an inspired name for a villain, and even though he's pretty unique insofar as powers go, he really just doesn't still need to be here.

Loki because I never liked his costume.

What? It's a legitimate reason, I say

While "Dr. Octopus" is an inspired name for a villain, and even though he's pretty unique insofar as powers go, he really just doesn't still need to be here.

Loki because I never liked his costume.

What? It's a legitimate reason, I say

Maybe if his helmet were permanently glued to his head. hm