• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Auction Highlights

51 posts in this topic

The sweetest book you have up for auction you didnt mention :cloud9: That book would be the one im looking for :acclaim:

Which one was it again? :whistle:

Said it before to Josh, say it again in public... these Comiclink auctions are getting more and more impressive. They're also being run without a buyer's premium which to me, on principle alone, makes them more attractive than Heritage.

No buyer's premium? Okay, I'm interested.

I refuse to bid on Heritage's auctions, with their piggy fees and their deceptive bidding practices.

When their employees can bid, I am outta' there. End of story. Too many different levels of bidders too. And none of it explained upfront to the average bidder on the home page. I could go on.......

When their employees can bid, I am outta' there. End of story. Too many different levels of bidders too. And none of it explained upfront to the average bidder on the home page. I could go on.......

I have concerns about some of the practices as well, but I will say that there are tons of great books offered by Heritage as well. the BP always just kills me and I also don't like the idea of employees bidding on the books... to me, it's not necessary or fair really.

The Comiclink auctions have steadily improved in terms of material offered each time with bigger and bigger books... for me, I'm willing to wait for C-Link auctions now and just pass on the BP at Heritage for the time being... there's plenty of great materials and plenty to buy without going with Heritage.

At the end of the day, the buyer's will follow the books, where ever they may be selling.

So if the clink can come up with the goods, and it looks like they have. This could be a very direct impact on the sale results for a signature auction for Heritage.

:banana:

I have concerns about some of the practices as well, but I will say that there are tons of great books offered by Heritage as well. the BP always just kills me and I also don't like the idea of employees bidding on the books... to me, it's not necessary or fair really.

If they laid it all out for the regular bidder, and made it very clear up front exactly what is going on, then I'd have less of a problem with it. But the fact that employees can bid is BURIED in the website. The rules for bidding, how reserves are met, and the different privileges that different levels of bidders have is made purposefully confusing.

That's my definition of deceptive.

And just because they have the books, is the worst reason for overlooking those kind of practices, in my opinion.

Has ComicLink ever confirmed that their employees and affiliates are not allowed to bid on their auctions?

Classic misdirection. Start your own thread if you have any evidence of that, Heritage lover! :baiting:

Come on, Tim. You know that Heritage is the one issue we disagree on! They made you a boatload of $$$......and you love them for it, ethical practices be damned!

Classic misdirection. Start your own thread if you have any evidence of that, Heritage lover! :baiting:

Come on, Tim. You know that Heritage is the one issue we disagree on! They made you a boatload of $$$......and you love them for it, ethical practices be damned!

No, I fully appreciate that Heritage has a shadier side, although I've never had as much of an issue with their employees bidding on stuff as others, so long as the employees didn't have inside information on what 3rd party bidders' max bids were. And they've sworn up and down that they don't.

I'm just saying that you seem to be giving everyone else a free pass without confirming one way or another what their actual policies are. It would be nice to assume that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but there's so much dirt in this hobby and there are so many incestuous relationships that I think it's naive to give the benefit of the doubt anymore. I remember when everyone was holding up Mastro as the white knight to balance out the evils of Heritage, with no basis for saying that Mastro was cleaner other than that they weren't Heritage. And then all sorts of dirt started coming out about Mastro (in comics and other fields).

Anyways, I think I presented a perfect opportunity for Josh to flat out say that CL does not permit its employees or affiliates to bid on their auctions, and therefore establish that they are indeed superior to Heritage in that area.

No, I fully appreciate that Heritage has a shadier side, although I've never had as much of an issue with their employees bidding on stuff as others, so long as the employees didn't have inside information on what 3rd party bidders' max bids were. And they've sworn up and down that they don't.

I'm just saying that you seem to be giving everyone else a free pass without confirming one way or another what their actual policies are. It would be nice to assume that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but there's so much dirt in this hobby and there are so many incestuous relationships that I think it's naive to give the benefit of the doubt anymore. I remember when everyone was holding up Mastro as the white knight to balance out the evils of Heritage, with no basis for saying that Mastro was cleaner other than that they weren't Heritage. And then all sorts of dirt started coming out about Mastro (in comics and other fields).

Anyways, I think I presented a perfect opportunity for Josh to flat out say that CL does not permit its employees or affiliates to bid on their auctions, and therefore establish that they are indeed superior to Heritage in that area.

I'm not giving everyone else a free pass, Tim and you know it. Heritage is simply who we're discussing here, and I have a very clear opinion about them, and they're the biggest cat on the block, the most visible and the most aggressive in their promotion.

Start a thread about someone else and I'll be happy to chime in. I have never taken part in a Mastro auction, don't know them so I can't comment one way or the other.

I'm not seeing Tim's question as being out of line here, since it is technically an opportunity for CL to distance themselves from Heritage, regardless of how observers may feel about the latter

I'm not seeing Tim's question as being out of line here, since it is technically an opportunity for CL to distance themselves from Heritage, regardless of how observers may feel about the latter

I guess what I'm saying is that just because I have strong feelings about Heritage's modus operandi doesn't mean I give the others a free pass. I'm also trying not to interject the anecdotal stories we've heard here on the boards about alleged misconduct, since none of it was ever proven. I'm sticking strictly to what I observe firsthand about the setup.