• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comic Con Forum Dinner: Sign Up!

33 posts in this topic

Guys,

Dale got me thinking when he posted in the other thread... Carmine's is probably a great option, so I made a call today and got the info, and pending no real objections, I think I will set it up here, the Carmine's at 44th st. in the theatre district.

The show ends at 7 PM and the best pricing begins at 8 PM and by the time we get everyone out of the show, over to the restaurant and settled, we're probably looking at close to 8 anyway. I will shoot to see if we can negotiate for 7:30 or 7:45 PM.

At any rate, the pricing for a group meal there to me is VERY reasonable for a NYC restaurant considering the quality of food and quantity.

The issue is that they can not do a fully private room, but rather semi private which means they drape curtains over an area which accomodates our full group. Personally, I think this is the best option as I have scouted other private rooms in NYC and it seems to be very expensive. Short of Shun Lee which is also expensive, I don't have a "connection" to get us a private room.

The price per head (not including alcohol and tip) is $65 a head. I think that I would figure another $15 for tax and tip and push to $80 a head. For NYC I think that's very, very reasonable.

Let me know if you all are up for this or if I should continue researching -- Also, let me know if you are planning on attending for sure.

The other big advantage is that if we can only get 40 people to sign up, there's no minimum head count, we just give it to them by a certain date and then adjust the numbers so our semi private area is worked out. No guaranteeing a particular number. I really like that idea. Here's the website:

http://www.carminesnyc.com/

I will be at the con but will have to check my availability for the dinner.

I've been to the original Carmine's on the Upper West Side and the food is pretty good. I imagine the Times Sq. branch is the same. Large portions of pasta. The wait staff will probably recommend a few dishes being ordered and served family style so everyone can sample the different types of pasta and side dishes.

It should be a good time for all.

Cheers!

N

Well, I suppose it's time I make it to a Con again! (My last one was Wizard Philly 2 years ago). Please count me in for the dinner on Saturday :banana: Now to begin some pimpin' of the drek and doubles on eBay --- always a good way to come up with some extra cash for the show.

Haven't met any of you in person yet, but this'll fix all that! (thumbs u :eek:

Is there a place to park and leave the car for the day?

Yeah, there are quite a few garages and lots in that area. But, they're in high demand, especially on weekends (because it's the Theater District). I think it usually costs anywhere btwn $40 to $80 to park for the day. But, you'd want to get into a garage early in the day before they all fill up with the theater goers, etc.

Here's a link with more info: http://nyc.bestparking.com/#1

carmine's serves huge quantities of food. even not ordering family style stuff I've always taken a huge amount home and, well, as you can tell from my handle, i tend to clean my plate.