• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest Results - Round 18

52 posts in this topic

So I was looking at the LAST grading contest... and the results are pretty interesting compared to this one.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1565215&page=0&fpart=29#Post1565221

This Grading Contest's current leader Toro finished in 15th place in the last contest.

Greggy finished 9th.

Divad 6th

JoeyPost 6th

Professor66 10th

Sckao 8th

r1970d did not finish

silverage12c did not play

comicdonna 23rd

evilsly did not play or did not finish

spookley did not play or did not finish

Last Grading Contest Winner: Pirate

I hadn't realized that the results were so similar... (I don't even remember playing with any clarity. :insane: )

I did better last time with more bullseyes.

Too many 3s in this contest... :eek:

At this point, unfortunately, most of us are playing just for the fun of it... :acclaim:

Actually, that's all I ever play for :cloud9:

I have certainly been playing for fun and it has actually been quite a bit of fun. In all honesty, I have to admit that my grading skills need work. On some of these rounds, my grades have been complete guesses. On other rounds I have been able to see the defects but have not been sure of how to grade the book. It has been a learning experience and quite a fun one at the same time.

One other thing I have noticed, especially with this round, is that the scans really do accentuate the flaws or imagined flaws. After seeing the books in the slab and hearing explanations afterwards, I can see why certain books received the grades they did. I have not had an issue for the most part with how CGC grades.

On the WWBN, I gave the book an 8.0. It was not because I am the world's tightest grader and I undergrade everything and :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:. It was because I saw some flaws, or imagined some, and deduced my grade. I was wrong and understand why. I feel I have gotten extremely lucky because anywhere from 5.0 to 9.0 seems to be hard as hell to grade for me.

My plan for the last two rounds is to nail these two by magically pulling the grade out of my arse. I also intend to bombard Nik with 200-250 questions until he tells me to pound sand. :cloud9: Get ready pal. lol

So I was looking at the LAST grading contest... and the results are pretty interesting compared to this one.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1565215&page=0&fpart=29#Post1565221

This Grading Contest's current leader Toro finished in 15th place in the last contest.

Greggy finished 9th.

Divad 6th

JoeyPost 6th

Professor66 10th

Sckao 8th

r1970d did not finish

comicdonna 23rd

I hadn't realized that the results were so similar... (I don't even remember playing with any clarity. :insane: )

Cue the Twilight Zone theme . . . :insane:

Greggy finished 9th.

Divad 6th

JoeyPost 6th

Professor66 10th

Sckao 8th

r1970d did not finish

comicdonna 23rd

I'm very consistant, I came in 3rd in the first contest I was ever involved in here, also took a 3rd on one of the St. Louis Comics contests too. But other then that, I tend to ride with the rest of the peloton.

Greggy finished 9th.

Divad 6th

JoeyPost 6th

Professor66 10th

Sckao 8th

r1970d did not finish

comicdonna 23rd

I'm very consistant, I came in 3rd in the first contest I was ever involved in here, also took a 3rd on one of the St. Louis Comics contests too. But other then that, I tend to ride with the rest of the peloton.

(thumbs u

I am impressed as all get out. Keep it up and good luck the rest of the way. :wishluck:

Greggy finished 9th.

Divad 6th

JoeyPost 6th

Professor66 10th

Sckao 8th

r1970d did not finish

comicdonna 23rd

(thumbs u

I am impressed as all get out. Keep it up and good luck the rest of the way. :wishluck:

I was just looking back on what I thought was my first one and I'm not sure if it was the last round, I may have come in 5th by 1 point instead of 3rd. :sorry: Maybe it just felt like I came in third, or I'm just old and going senile.

Greggy finished 9th.

Divad 6th

JoeyPost 6th

Professor66 10th

Sckao 8th

r1970d did not finish

comicdonna 23rd

I was wondering how I finished in the last one.