• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Grading" By Chuck

82 posts in this topic

Neil Young

Alexander Graham Bell

Insulin

Mike Meyers

Sarah MacLachlan

The CBC

Jim Carrey

Basketball (Naismith)

Donald and Kiefer Sutherland

Electron Microscope

Pamela Anderson

IMAX

William Shatner

Instant Replay

Wonderbra

Pacemaker

canada.gif

Aside from the usual barbs shot across these boards has anyone ever called Chuck out on his grading. If so, has he ever responded to the criticism?

Yes, I confronted him on his grading both through e-mail and on these boards. His response was to ban me (and others on the forum) from buying from MH.

you got a link Brian?

You guys think if I mark up the prices of my books 150%, and then have a 80% off sale I will make more money?

No, you have to mark up 150% and then have a 40% off sale with an additional 30% off codeword.

The code word being....

IFOUNDANAMAZINGCOLLECTIONANDSTUCKITTOTHESELLERANDPLANTOLIVEOFFMYSELFPRAISEISNORECOMMENDATIONFORLIFE

You guys think if I mark up the prices of my books 150%, and then have a 80% off sale I will make more money?

No, you have to mark up 150% and then have a 40% off sale with an additional 30% off codeword.

Codeword: mathsux

I happened to be in Denver in October, so I thought I'd take a trip to one of his stores. They had a ton semi-recent stuff that I was vaguely interested in, but it was all priced at $5-$6 for moderns. And this business model apparently actually works? Who pays $6 for a copy of Adventures of Superman #440?

I happened to be in Denver in October, so I thought I'd take a trip to one of his stores. They had a ton semi-recent stuff that I was vaguely interested in, but it was all priced at $5-$6 for moderns. And this business model apparently actually works? Who pays $6 for a copy of Adventures of Superman #440?

Apparently lots of people who've never seen a WC Fields film...this is why Chuck stays in business...go figure

I also went to one of his stores on a lark, while in Denver. Jeez, 9 bucks for a tanned VG copy of Iron Fist 23? Yes AMazing Spider-Man 29 Vg- $110 :takeit: NOT.

Iron Fist had a #23?

It was actually #3, but Chuck likes to multiply everything by 800%. (thumbs u

In any other thread I'd be confused by that statement. But because Mile High Chuck and his grading and pricing has never made any sense I'd say that statement makes perfect sense.

I thought I would share this --- swiped from Murray, who posts on another board regularly:

Forget Rednecks, here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about Canooks

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May,you may live in Canada.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Canada.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Canada.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Canada.

If 'Vacation' means going anywhere south of Detroit for the weekend, you may live in Canada.

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Canada.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Canada

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day and back again, you may live in Canada

If you can drive 90 kms/hr through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Canada.

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Canada.

If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Canada.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit,you may live in Canada.

If the speed limit on the highway is 80km (50mph)-- you're going 90 (56mph)and everybody is passing you, you may live in Canada.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Canada.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you may live in Canada

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Canada.

If you find 2 degrees 'a little chilly', you may live in Canada

If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your Canadian friends & others, you definitely live in Canada

Aside from the usual barbs shot across these boards has anyone ever called Chuck out on his grading. If so, has he ever responded to the criticism?

Yes, I confronted him on his grading both through e-mail and on these boards. His response was to ban me (and others on the forum) from buying from MH.

you got a link Brian?

I'm sorry, I don't, but it's here somewhere......

you got a link Brian?

I'm sorry, I don't, but it's here somewhere......

Does Chuck have a username here?