• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher 1 CGC Question

20 posts in this topic

Hey. I just got a 9.8 on this book and I'm trying to decide if I should sell it. There is just no pricing info on it so I'm not sure if its worth it (GPA doesnt list it as ever having sold). I think the census on the book is 6 9.8's out of 85 submitted with none higher. Any idea what this book would go for?

That's actually a quality series though... sure, the market for it is in the crapper, but it deserved most of the hype it received, IMO.. it was actually a good product and had some substance behind the hype.

No doubt! A terrific read, but easy to get book. I picked one up a few months back at Tysons for $5.

You might get a little action b/c it's a 9.8. Hold onto it for now. Sell it when you start hearing "Preacher 2" rumors. tongue.gif

Chris

I agree Bronty that Preacher was a thoroughly enjoyable read....my comment referred to the decline in the value of the books from their heyday, not unlike some other Modern book runs.

I had heard a couple of years ago that a Preacher movie was under consideration. Guess it's on the back burner. But if they can make [!@#%^&^] like LXG, Preacher should be a given. Just think of the fun the Church would have with it.

Here here. The fact that it isn't worth any $ shouldn't be taken as a reflection on the quality of the series. I own all the trades and highly recommend it to anyone that wants to read an outstanding story. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. That's about what I figured considering 9.6's are around $40 according to GPA. I might hold on to it for now. What was once hot will often be hot again in time.