• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still looking kinda Puny to me...

50 posts in this topic

Is there a term for someone who hates all things contemporary?

Why does disliking a blonde-haired, Breck girl shrimpette as the Punisher garner this sort of comment? There are a few actors today who could pull off the role, but obviously since the Marvel Movie budgets have been slashed, they couldn't afford anyone with those qualities.

puny_sir.jpg

Who would you have selected? I guess to me the Punisher has never been about a monstrously huge guy who simply goes on a roid-rage bender when his family is killed. Well, for that matter, who reacts that way to a tragedy?

Hell, I think the character's lame as can be. They should trash this flick and make Alpha Flight the movie... or maybe a Power Pack after-school special... maybe they could buy the rights to Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew? Start it off as a MAX title then bump it down to the regular line so the movie can get made? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If talking about movies, then the term "good taste" comes to mind.

Are the comic book movies really that much worse than the comic books themselves? Or do you hold movies to a higher standard than comics?