• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm off to the Emmys! wish me luck ***RESULTS***

24 posts in this topic

A good friend of mine has won 3 Emmy's for editing news pieces/stories in the last few years. He acts nonchalant about them when you ask, but I know he gets a charge out of them (he finally framed the certificates and hung them). A few of us, for fun went to Pamplona a few years ago and tried to put together a promo for a TV show idea when the reality show rage was just beginning. He filmed much and edited all, I got to watch him at work and it's a very involving process so I know how much work it can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2vZaRXGImE

A couple years earlier, he and I went to Central Europe for 3 weeks on vacation and brought a video camera with us just for the hell of it, this is what we came up with for fun.

So congrats to you, for just the nomination of being one of the elite...

Well, I didn't win. It's OK though (sniff) I didn't want to win any way (sniff) I don't need an Emmy (sniff)...aw who am I kidding WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Seriously though, we all had a hunch that we wouldn't win and the commercial wasn't my proudest creation (I'm proud of the cover designs, just not how the whole thing came together). I made it a year ago and have gotten a lot better since. The commercial I'm entering for next year is an entire 30 second 3D animation I made with some kick music to it that I'm most proud of. I'd much rather win an Emmy for that one.

Besides, I did win a gold Promax award for the comic covers commercial which my TV buds say is a bit better than the Emmys so it's not all bad. I've only been at this for 2 years so I've got a lot of time to improve. I'll try and get the commercials up soon for you guys to check out.

Thank You so much for your well wishing. It means a lot!