• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you buy from an eBay seller...

15 posts in this topic

Who is listing a pretty decent book at a decent price but has "0" sales?? I am tempted, but usually I like to see more than just a "0" for sales :makepoint:

I should add that the book is over $100, makes me a little leary

I have gotten a few deals from low sales sellers since folks may not be paying premium for a known commodity- $100 might be too much of a dice roll for me.

The best are low sale sellers (like under 50) that received a questionable negative. I have chanced these a few times and came away with good deals, but I realize sooner or later I am going to get burned. I always look at it like a gamble and ask myself what is an acceptable loss.

In a situation with a 0 feedback seller I would ask them a question to see how fast and well they respond. I would also check to see what other items they have for sale.

Good advice.

There are lots of clues (how sensible is the text in their auction, are they also selling low priced items, does the scan look like something they swiped), but in the end, it's a gamble. I've taken lots of gambles on Ebay, but I don't think I've ever gambled on a zero feedback seller.

I'm not sure if there's Paypal protection up to $200 on no feedback sellers either. (shrug)

If the "0" feedback person truly wants to be part of the eBay community and is legit, I have discovered that they usually will be pretty open minded and flexible. What I have done on a couple of occasions is just simply contact the seller stating the concerns you have written here in the thread.

Tell them, I really want to bid and ultimately its going to drive their price up anyways, so how can they lose. In other words, what you would like to do is possibly negotiate a COD type scenario where you pay them after you receive the goods or maybe give them 1/2 up front and the other 1/2 after you actually get the comics. This is only probably going to work though if you have substantial and extensive feedback on your end.

If the person responds very negatively to you or does not respond at all, then future problem solved.

It depends.. if the person has decent buying feedback and the book isnt too expensive i will give him a chance.. of course I will pay with my CC via paypal incase the transaction does not go smoothly I could get my $$ back .. and unfortunately you cant really depend on paypal...

If the "0" feedback person truly wants to be part of the eBay community and is legit, I have discovered that they usually will be pretty open minded and flexible. What I have done on a couple of occasions is just simply contact the seller stating the concerns you have written here in the thread.

Tell them, I really want to bid and ultimately its going to drive their price up anyways, so how can they lose. In other words, what you would like to do is possibly negotiate a COD type scenario where you pay them after you receive the goods or maybe give them 1/2 up front and the other 1/2 after you actually get the comics. This is only probably going to work though if you have substantial and extensive feedback on your end.

If the person responds very negatively to you or does not respond at all, then future problem solved.

Hmm....This could backfire. The eBay noobie could suspect that someone is trying to flim-flam them with this type of offer: the buyer gets their item for 1/2 price and is never heard from again.

Remember, if the zero-feedback bidder is truly new to eBay, then the high positive feedback of the buyer may not make as good an impression as you had hoped.