• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Tales of Suspense #22 ... "Beware of BRUTTU!"

25 posts in this topic

Nice book but, blunted TLC, color breaks on spine, chip at the bottom, writing in price box that doesn't look like an arrival date that I've seen, but the worst is the stain on the left edge of the back cover. 4.5-5.5,,,,just too many accumulated defects,

Nice book but, blunted TLC, color breaks on spine, chip at the bottom, writing in price box that doesn't look like an arrival date that I've seen, but the worst is the stain on the left edge of the back cover. 4.5-5.5,,,,just too many accumulated defects,

Something tells me just because you are new here, does not mean you are new to comics. Well said :golfclap: , but I think you were a little harsh, go with your latter choice.

I would say 5.5 as well.

btw, Nice book Blue!!.. wow, really sharp cover.

There's a suggestion of faint water damage along the left edge on the back, but hard to tell for sure. If not, I'd say a solid 6.5.

There is absolutely zero water stains/damage on this book. On the back left edge is a faint crease that because it is slightly raised picked up dirt. Looks like a water stain from the scan, but it isn't.

Too bad you don't grade for CGC. I'd send my Shiflett books back to you for regrading. My Four Color #386 looks much better than this, and it only graded a 6.0 (with no hidden defects). CGC might go easy on this one because it's a Marvel and it doesn't reek of Marvel Chipping....but according to how they graded my stuff, I stick by my 5.0 average.

Something tells me just because you are new here, does not mean you are new to comics. Well said :golfclap: , but I think you were a little harsh, go with your latter choice.

I would say 5.5 as well.

Thanks for the 'well said'. I 've been collecting comics since 1968, so I have a few years under my belt. My own personal grading system would have graded this higher, but according to CGC, there are just too many accumulated defects. Even if that isn't a water stain on the back, it is still an ugly defect, IMO.

I would say 5.5 as well.

Thanks for the 'well said'. I 've been collecting comics since 1968, so I have a few years under my belt. My own personal grading system would have graded this higher, but according to CGC, there are just too many accumulated defects. Even if that isn't a water stain on the back, it is still an ugly defect, IMO.

Welcome to the boards, VK!

Don't know how much grading you've done from scans, but they tend to overemphasize defects, especially dirt. This book to me has a normal level of soiling on the back...nothing troubling.

It would help if Blue would rescan this book with a white background. It's hard to see that upper right corner on the front. From the back scan, it looks like there may be a piece missing.

Still, all in all this is a tight book and I'd be amazed if it wasn't F+, if not higher, in hand.