• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pont’s Parsimonious Mini Mid-Winter Con Report

16 posts in this topic

One of the benefits of living in the Boston area is the plethora of local comic shows. For someone like myself, who hasn’t been to SD, Chicago or even New York, they’re a godsend. Buying books on the board or even ebay is great, but nothing compares to actually getting to flip through bins of comics you can hold in your hand.

Operative GACollectibles tipped me off to this show in NH Saturday night. A flurry of steady snow Sunday morning gave me pause, but being a hardy New Englander - unless a workday snowstorm is involved - I decided to head out. I haven’t been to a show in months and I was nothing but happy I decided to go after some prodding from the missus. Despite being a mix of cards, collectibles and comics, I found plenty and could have walked out with more had I more funds.

This will probably be rather one-sided since I don’t think and board members besides GACollectibles were present, but the world revolves around me anyway, right?

My first buy was a handful of SA marvel Westerns. Here’s a few samples:

GM58.jpg

GM76.jpg

After digging through the Bronze Bargain Bins, I came up with these bad boys plus an IM. I can already hear Greggy proclaiming “Junk.”

wwbn17.jpg

mtio10.jpg

Since I felt guilty about dropping dough at other tables, I decided to pick up some Copper ASM hole fillers from GAC. He exacted a heavy toll of “witty” commentary at my expense, but after all, he did give me the heads up. Here’s one of ‘em:

ASM290.jpg

As the show was winding down, I picked up these two after a quick trip to the ATM. They were a good deal, but I arrived without much cash on hand.

Thor139.jpg

st98.jpg

The same fellow had a decent, tempting GD Avengers #1 in the front of one of his boxes next to an automotive catalog at the edge of his table, providing an easy opportunity for some low-life to lift it. I suggested he move it to a closer location, which he did.

I left with some nice books still in the bins, but sated.

Since I felt guilty about dropping dough at other tables, I decided to pick up some Copper ASM hole fillers from GAC. He exacted a heavy toll of “witty” commentary at my expense, but after all, he did give me the heads up. Here’s one of ‘em:

Guilt sales. :cloud9:

BTW, was the heavy toll of "witty" commentary before or after you tried to extort those ASMs from me when you said(in your best greggy voice) "How much are going to pay me to take this junky derek from you?" :makepoint:

Extortion? I merely asked if a moderate reduction to bring the cost of the books closer to FMV would be possible, as opposed to the Rozanski model of pricing that you apparently favor. (shrug)

:baiting:

Guilt sales. :cloud9:

BTW, was the heavy toll of "witty" commentary before or after you tried to extort those ASMs from me when you said(in your best greggy voice) "How much are going to pay me to take this junky derek from you?" :makepoint:

Who the freak is "Junky Derek?" Is he related to Business Morales?

hm

Extortion? I merely asked if a moderate reduction to bring the cost of the books closer to FMV would be possible, as opposed to the Rozanski model of pricing that you apparently favor. (shrug)

Someone has to pay for very expensive high intensity full spectrum lamps that we especially import from Canada. (shrug)

Someone has to pay for very expensive high intensity full spectrum lamps that we especially import from Canada. (shrug)

9cb8702f.gif