• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January 2008 Comiclink Auction!

162 posts in this topic

Just starting a thread so those GA boys don't get their panties in twist if we start mentioning SA books on their thread.

Already 2 days in and there's a lot happening... specifically the topic of ...ahem...cough cough Green Rivers.

$1800 ...and climbing!! :o

There are many books that have started the auction on some big early figures.

How about this one ?

DAREDEVIL #29

Ouch, who'd thought Red had that kinda dough lying around... guess teaching where he's pay's pretty darn well (shrug)

...or he's taken a leaf out of the Green River story, and turned to a life of crime to finance his comic collecting.. wouldn't be the first time it's happened :insane::o

All I can say is that I pulled out my Green River FF #45 8.5 and at a purchase price of $260, it looks like the winner to me! lol:acclaim: I figure it's gotta' be worth $600 this morning at least!

btw...... there are six copies of FF#45 in the Green River Collection.

Red

ff45.8.5big.jpg

Someone definitely chose the "crack" option. :hi:

Well if it's not you as the other half of the dynamic duo bidding up those GR books, who is it (shrug)

I'm guessing GC has got his hands more than full with some silent bidding assasins keen to get hold of them.

GR's have been under the spotlight lately, no doubt about it.

How about this one ?

DAREDEVIL #29

Nice miswrap. :o

I passed on this FF 65 when it was for sale for $300 because of the fuggugly wrap.......

ff65big.jpg

I'd have to agree, but I would of thought the GR ped takes presidence when selecting to buy. Plus $300 after bidding it down a bit would of been an appropriate price, no?

How about this one ?

DAREDEVIL #29

Nice miswrap. :o

I passed on this FF 65 when it was for sale for $300 because of the fuggugly wrap.......

ff65big.jpg

I'd have to agree, but I would of thought the GR ped takes presidence when selecting to buy. Plus $300 after bidding it down a bit would of been an appropriate price, no?

It was on Pedigree, and the price was pretty firm. I was more than happy to add the scan to my website instead. I happen to love that issue, but seeing that miswrap every time I pulled out the book would have irked me. What can I say. (shrug)

All I can say is that I pulled out my Green River FF #45 8.5 and at a purchase price of $260, it looks like the winner to me! lol:acclaim: I figure it's gotta' be worth $600 this morning at least!

Red

ff45.8.5big.jpg

I checked my winning bid on this book.....it was actually $229.50 not $260. :cloud9:

Red

I checked my winning bid on this book.....it was actually $229.50 not $260. :cloud9:

Based on what the 9.4 is currently sitting at, your in the money $260, or $229.50.

And like you say there's 6 of these out there, maybe there's another 9.4 copy... hm

Whoever's bidiing right now, could feel a little foolish when another pop's up sometime soon. As things in comicdom invariably have a habit of doing.. doh!