• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collections

34 posts in this topic

Ok, i have just been reading the 35 cent variant thread in the Bronze age forum and it has brought me to this question

Who has completed or almost completed a collection of a certain thing?

This does not include single titles, i am talking about a 35 cent variant collection or a pre-code horror collection or even all the Timelys

Maybe you could list the ones you haven't got and which are the most elusive

Thanks

Venom

I'm working on a full NM set of Marvel Team-Ups and I am almost done. I am missing some of the later issues, which are pretty easy to find in HG. Some of the early issues are a different story!

Have all the Atlas/Seaboard line to include magazines.

Gothic Romances is by far the toughest. Finally found a copy (unidentified) buried in a picture of gothic romance memorabilia on eBay. So I got the magazine but I also have a couple dozen romance books and magazines in the deal... shocked.gif

Jim

I'm trying to piece together the following:

Archie Comics #1-#100 (1942-1959) (I have #2-#99) - Archie 1 is hard to find and expensive

Pep Comics #1-75 (1940-1950) (I have #1-21, 23-#75) Pep #22 is hard to find and expensive.

Zip Comics #1-#47 (1940-1944) I have 37 out of 47 of them.

MLJ had 219 Superhero titles, I'm 76 away from having the complete run.

I'm currently working on collecting all appearences of Iron Man. I'm probably only about 10-15% of the way there but I'm still collecting on a shoestring budget so I'm sure i'll be able to fill my collection some day.

I have lots of different themes to my collections but I am currently seeking "The Secret Voice" to complete my one-shot Golden-Age publishers run. I also have all appearances, no matter how small, of Metal Men. I also have most (75%) of all Marvel bronze-age comics and maybe some day will get the rest.

I used to have a complete Daredevil run. I also used to have a complete "new look" Batman run. Right now, I'm working on:

Batman -- I'm filling in some recent issues to recomplete the new look run. I need about 25 more that I'm plucking out of bargain bins. After that, I work on Batman 1 to 161.

Matt Baker -- This is a new goal: every Matt Baker book. I don't know if I'll ever complete it. I may go for Jumbo comics or Fiction House books instead.

A question: How do you go about filling runs? I tend to focus on blocks of 25-50 books at a time. For example, I'm now looking at obtaining Batman 130 to 161. After that, I'll do 101 to 129. Those are the focus, but if a 99 came by next week at the right price, I'd grab it.

My Daredevil (vol.1) run, issue 1-157, raw books, is about 85% finished. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My Daredevil (vol.1) run, issue 1-157, CGC books, is about 23% finished. 893frustrated.gif

gossip.gif The ones in the shinny cases are the same as the others. gossip.gif

I've got a bound volume of all the 'The Market is Crashing' threads that have been appearing here since the ice age.

So you're a pre-code horror collector, eh? I hope the Excessive Pessmist's Code Authority cracks down on that stuff sooner than later... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif