• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where can I get the stickers made to go in Gerber?

20 posts in this topic

Oh. And to make this thread more interesting. I remember many years ago on Ebay, Gerber was auctioning off the printer's proof pages for most of the first two volumes. They were all in 1 lot and went for less than $4 a page. I still kick myself for not getting them. Has anyone seen them since?

Am I correct in thinking that some replacement stickers were issued for white spaces in the Gerber journals? If so, where can I get them?

Set # 1 -

cbm1.jpg

Set # 2 -

738420-GWS%232.jpg

Set # 3 -

738420-GWS%233.jpg

Set # 4 & 5 -

738420-GWS%234and5.jpg

Set 6 & 7 -

cbm6and7.jpg

Set 8a -

cbm8a.jpg

Set 8b -

cbm8b.jpg

As to which issues they came from, it's posted somewhere on the boards. I'd suggest your run another search.

Oh. And to make this thread more interesting. I remember many years ago on Ebay, Gerber was auctioning off the printer's proof pages for most of the first two volumes. They were all in 1 lot and went for less than $4 a page. I still kick myself for not getting them. Has anyone seen them since?

Ernie sent me the early Detective Comics proofs (i contributed mainly (surprise) centaurs for the book and most of the comics in his Marvel tome are my books.)

The hobby owes Ernie big time...hard to believe it is almost twenty years.....

jb

The hobby owes Ernie big time...

Those books really were a tremendous achievement. His discription in the intro of the time and effort they took is a great read.

Does anyone know if there are any white spaces that weren't eventually replaced by stickers? Any elusive books that still aren't known to exist?

The hobby owes Ernie big time...

Those books really were a tremendous achievement. His discription in the intro of the time and effort they took is a great read.

Does anyone know if there are any white spaces that weren't eventually replaced by stickers? Any elusive books that still aren't known to exist?

Yes, there are a bunch which don't exist and a couple that probably don't. I know that Blue Beetle #43, Atomic Thunderbolt #2, Courage #1, Liberty #4 and 5, Silver Streak #22 and #24 among others don't exist. I have been looking for a Funnies #22 for years but have never seen one and some of the first 3 Giant Comics Editions may not exist.

Ernie sent me the early Detective Comics proofs (i contributed mainly (surprise) centaurs for the book and most of the comics in his Marvel tome are my books.)

The hobby owes Ernie big time...hard to believe it is almost twenty years.....

jb

I was lucky enough to BIN this press proof sheet on Ebay just now (thumbs u

Tecgerber.jpg

Had the books less than a month, and you're already ready to get glue all over 'em, I see.

:baiting:

(shrug) I've had mine for about 5 years.

:tonofbricks:

My mistake. I was thinking about another poster whose handle starts with "T."

My apologies. :foryou: