• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tomb of Dracula 6

15 posts in this topic

9.0. I don't really see the "crunch" mentioned, but if there is a problem I'd lower the grade. Just see a few hairline spine ticks, the lower right front corner is soft (is that a tiny crease?), and maybe a little wear at the upper staple.

Sharp book, I like that olive green color.

1crunch.jpg

I think of crunch as being a bend in the whole book, i.e. the spine has buckled on the corner. Anyway, do you think what's shown in the picture would be considered a substantial defect? It kind of looks like the paper of the cover is just pressed down a little.

8.5 to 9.0. Awesome Adams cover!

Is that really Adams? Now that you mention it, it kind of looks like it.... I assumed it was Colan.

8.5 to 9.0. Awesome Adams cover!

Is that really Adams? Now that you mention it, it kind of looks like it.... I assumed it was Colan.

Yep, it's a great, not so well known Adams cover. Though I bet you are not alone in thinking Colan did the cover since he drew the entire run. Some even assume that Gil Kane did this cover since he did a few of the other early issues covers.

Once again, nice book!

-William

1crunch.jpg

I think of crunch as being a bend in the whole book, i.e. the spine has buckled on the corner. Anyway, do you think what's shown in the picture would be considered a substantial defect? It kind of looks like the paper of the cover is just pressed down a little.

It's a crease. (shrug)