• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Divad's chance to get even; TOS #40

17 posts in this topic

Ok, here's my version of TOS #40.

you may recall that we gave David a good ration of poop when he posted his copy sometime last year or so.

but he had the last laugh as it garnered a 5.0 from CGC.

I think this has a much better spine and about the same amount of Marvel chipping and similar rough top edge, BUT it has a 1 inch spine split coming up from the bottom, ending in a half inch lateral tear on an otherwise beautiful back cover. that is not a tear in the gentlemen's hat LLC.

so what do you think???

TOS2.jpg

TOS2001.jpg

Man tough book Harry those early Marvels are just look so darn fragile. I dont recall David's 5.0 either, but that spine split/tear coupled with decent loss of paper on your book makes me leary of going anywhere near 5.0

But as with most of your books, they are otherwise very solid.

Not only is there no crack, there's no poll! BurntBOOOOY!!!

OK, i'm officially confused........... :sumo:

Where did say there was going to be a Poll on this book??? I've been using polls and getting much more actual grade responses, but this thread has gotten twice as many views as my Avengers Poll thread has............... hm

anyway, I thank those who have left a grade (about 1 of 20 views). andjust wait til David sees this - he's gonna sheet all over it............ :grin:

This is one book that is just super-tough to find in HI-GRADE! It's certainly a 4.5 at minimum...I'd like to think the overall positive attributes and presentation, especially that back cover would garner a 5.0!

If I bought this book as an advertised 5.0 I'd think I would be very happy... :headbang:

This is one book that is just super-tough to find in HI-GRADE! It's certainly a 4.5 at minimum...I'd like to think the overall positive attributes and presentation, especially that back cover would garner a 5.0!

If I bought this book as an advertised 5.0 I'd think I would be very happy... :headbang:

Even with the spine split?

Even with the spine split?

Yep, in NY minute. :sumo: