• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two ASM #252, Two Different Labels?

11 posts in this topic

Going through my CGC slabs. I looked at my two CGC 9.6 ASM 252s. One had, (First appearance of the black costume) while the other had (Equal first appearence with Marvel Team up blah blah etc.. ).

Which is the right one? Bit confused.

Both came out the same month, but I'm pretty sure ASM 252 came first. I remember the release schedule being Week 1: ASM 252, Week 2: MTU 141, Week 3: Peter Parker #whateveritwas. That's just my recollection though. Anyone know for sure?

Going through my CGC slabs. I looked at my two CGC 9.6 ASM 252s. One had, (First appearance of the black costume) while the other had (Equal first appearence with Marvel Team up blah blah etc.. ).

Which is the right one? Bit confused.

Both came out the same month, but I'm pretty sure ASM 252 came first. I remember the release schedule being Week 1: ASM 252, Week 2: MTU 141, Week 3: Peter Parker #whateveritwas. That's just my recollection though. Anyone know for sure?

That's my memory of it too. It is Peter Parker #90, but it doesn't have black spidey on the cover which is just plain silly!

I just got my ASM 252 back last week and it had the long description.

Reminds me of the lyrics from "Wicked", where the Wizard explains it all:

WIZARD

(spoken) Elphaba, where I'm from, we believe all sorts of

things that aren't true. We call it - "history."

(sung) A man's called a traitor - or liberator

A rich man's a thief - or philanthropist

Is one a crusader - or ruthless invader?

It's all in which label

Is able to persist.

The new label will likely persist, and history is re-written.